Talk

Advanced search

places to go on holiday in NOVEMBER

(22 Posts)
Chickyboo Fri 22-Jul-05 10:43:25

We want to go on hot holiday with dd who will be 16 mths in november. Does anyone have any ideas?

LG Fri 22-Jul-05 13:53:13

maybe the canary islands or if you can go further afield the caribean.

WestCountryLass Fri 22-Jul-05 21:47:25

Spain? We are going to my Mums at the beginning of November, the weather is usually nice.

How far will you travel? We went to Sri Lanka in November and it was glorious.

hunkermunker Fri 22-Jul-05 21:48:34

Thailand's beautiful in November, but also 12 hours away - the idea of doing that flight again by myself is pretty awful, but with a 16-month-old - nah!

LittleMissNaughty Fri 22-Jul-05 21:48:52

Look at the following website.

here

SenoraPostrophe Fri 22-Jul-05 21:50:01

I wouldn't fly further than the canaries, or maybe greece myself with a 16 month old.

it's nice here in Nov - not hot, but usually sunny.

LittleMissNaughty Fri 22-Jul-05 21:50:04

if you are having problems following the link it is...

www.babygoes2.com

Chickyboo Sat 23-Jul-05 08:39:00

Westcountrylass I've seen some really good deals for Majorca...is it warm/hot at that time of year?

What part of Spain are you going too?

WestCountryLass Sat 23-Jul-05 22:37:25

My Mum lives in a village sort of between Malaga, Nerja and Granada, in land in Andalucia over looking a lake with mountain views. It is really pretty We have been at Xmas before and it has been between 19 and 22C when we have visited.

I've not been to Majorca before but I looked on a website and it said the max temp was 18C and the min was 9C in November. If you've found a good deal then i'd go for it, nothing to lose, the weather will probably be better than here!

PeachyClair Sat 23-Jul-05 23:33:30

Does it have to be abroad? Somerset has a fantastic carnival scene in November, one of the biggest in the world but sadly unknown by many, try

http://www.carnival.dsl.pipex.com/

(no link, too scared to try!)

soapbox Sat 23-Jul-05 23:41:48

Florida or California???

Chickyboo Sun 24-Jul-05 20:11:15

don't think somerset will be very hot in november.

Hubby and I have been to nerja granada area before we'll keep it in mind.

Thanks everyone

PeachyClair Tue 26-Jul-05 13:05:53

Oh I don't know, have you ever stood under 30,000 light bulbs in man made fabrics for 4 hours?....

LOL

(They year Dh's club used the 100 watt bulbs on the roof he got heat exhaustion!)

Chickyboo Mon 01-Aug-05 20:27:35

bump

more ideas please

WestCountryLass Mon 01-Aug-05 21:21:11

I was in First Choice the other day and they had fab offers on cruises. There was one departing in November where you had an overnight stop over in Miami, then you did 7 days of west coast Carribean and then 7 days east coast carribean. The cruise ship had an ice skating rink on it!!!

tiredemma Mon 01-Aug-05 21:23:42

majorca will be cold, i had to hire a heater when i worked there over the winter.

best bet, canaries and cyprus

bettythebuilder Mon 01-Aug-05 22:12:13

Southern Turkey? we were there in october last year and the weather was perfect - hot enough for the baby pool all day, lovely to sit out in the evening, yet not too hot to sleep at night. We flew to Antalya (4 hours) and stayed near Belek. We're going back this year!

poppyseed Mon 01-Aug-05 22:16:58

Have to say with a 16mth old I'd be boring and do Centre Parcs. Something for everyone - including pamper days for mummy too

poppyseed Mon 01-Aug-05 22:18:28

Oops - not exactly hot though.......!! Do babies do hot? I don't know as I've only taken our two to France during the summer and have to say that was enough.....for us too

bossykate Mon 01-Aug-05 22:34:49

marrakech? tunisia? dubai?

swedishmum Mon 01-Aug-05 23:34:10

If it's after hurricane season would consider Caribbean, otherwise have had a hot holiday in November in Marrakech, but lots of sightseeing a bit much for baby. Make sure your hotel has a heated pool at that time of year though. Dubai flight longer of course. Morocco/Tunisia is probably the nearest you can go and feel really abroad. Majorca will be far too cold in my opinion.

Chickyboo Thu 04-Aug-05 07:33:08

Mmmm..Turkey sounds good. i've been there before and really liked the food.

I don't really want a hot holiday just above 20C would be nice...also we don't do holidays in England as its too expensive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now