Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

yikes - going to France from UK - do we need a passport for DD?

(12 Posts)
Havana Thu 21-Jul-05 19:01:11

We're getting the Eurostar to Calais two weeks today for a three week camping trip in France and Spain with DD (aged 14 months). I'm pretty sure they still ask for your passport on the eurostar these days (at least coming back to the UK)... does that mean I need one for DD?

motherinferior Thu 21-Jul-05 19:02:31

Absolutely. And at the moment they scrutinise them closely as well - did all of ours last week.

aloha Thu 21-Jul-05 19:04:54

yup!

Havana Thu 21-Jul-05 19:04:56

Nightmare. Looks like we'll have to go to London to get it done then, as I checked the website and it takes three weeks by post.
ARGH!!!

happymerryberries Thu 21-Jul-05 19:06:38

Yes!

jampots Thu 21-Jul-05 19:07:41

Durham have less of a waiting list if you're prepared to travel there

I was told just over a week ago that we needed passports for ireland so applied and luckily they came today [relieved emoticon] only to find that we dont actually NEED them but it is advisable to have

MrsGordonRamsay Thu 21-Jul-05 19:09:11

It's that time of year girls ...............

Havana, you are the first (I have seen), but you won't be the last this summer.

Havana Thu 21-Jul-05 19:17:39

grrr - will have to spend a day in london, will cost £60 instead of £25... thought we were all meant to be european citizens now?

milward Thu 21-Jul-05 19:28:25

uk didn't sign up to the eu schingen agreement - so travel from non-schingen to schingen countries requires a passport. Once you're in the free movement area you can travel without having to show a passport - so between france & spain probably wont be asked for one - unless you travel by plane.

MeerkatsUnite Fri 22-Jul-05 14:25:04

Havana,

You will certainly need a passport for your daughter.

Have you looked at www.ukpa.gov.uk?. This is the official UK Passports website. This will tell you all you need to know.

MeerkatsUnite Fri 22-Jul-05 14:29:17

You cannot use the premium same day service for children's passports (the service does not cover children). If you pay £60 you should be able to get it within a week.

Again see website quoted for further information.

jampots Sat 23-Jul-05 09:02:03

our passports turned up on Thursday and they received the applications on Thursday the week before

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now