Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Leaving for Sydney with DD tomorrow. I can't even get her to keep her clothes on. SCREAM.

(17 Posts)
pinotgrigio Thu 21-Jul-05 14:07:34

We finally got confirmation that I have to go to Sydney this morning. Flights are booked for tomorrow.

I have 24 hours to get ready. I can't even get DD into her clothes to get out of the house. DD has been mainlining DVDs just so I can make 400 phone calls and is now screaming DeeeVeeeDee at the top of her voice whenever I try to talk on the phone, has already flooded the bathroom and is currently throwing colouring pens down the stairs.

I've just discovered I've run out of contact lenses, have library books to return, DD is insisting on using a potty despite the fact that I've deliberately delayed potty training intentionally because a longhaul flight might be coming up.

I wanted Singapore airlines but got Virgin, so I can't put her in the car seat, I got Hong Kong instead of Singapore, so we'll have a lovely stopover in a corporate high rise instead of a beach & I've still got to find a house and nursery in Sydney.

Someone make it all go away. PLEASE!

moondog Thu 21-Jul-05 14:08:57

Are you doing all this alone???? F**ing hell.....

pinotgrigio Thu 21-Jul-05 14:32:52

Yes. <wail>

I've just given up trying prise DD out of the house (clothed or not) and have put her down for a nap. I'll just have to go late night shopping later. I was trying to shift her body clock by making her nap from about 5pm but no such chance.

If she tries to get undressed on the plane I have no idea what I'm going to do. She keeps taking her clothes off and asking for a potty. I haven't even started to potty train her fgs, so I've got no idea why this is happening. I suppose I should be grateful, but why NOW?!??

<sob>

moondog Thu 21-Jul-05 14:36:33

You're a braver woman than I am.....
Plane journey will be grim,aint no cdoubt about it.
(Don't they have nannies on some of Virgin's long haul flights?)

BareFootAngel Thu 21-Jul-05 14:39:19

chilllllllllllllllllll!! think how wonderful it will be for you both,,,,,,,,,,ok get the phone call all your favours in friends neighbours send her to a friend/neighbour make the beds quick scoot round with hoover [whos gonna see it?] dust the tv coffeee table makes whole room look clean,clean fridge out sort your case out make sure you got your passports etc,,[you coming back?]

BareFootAngel Thu 21-Jul-05 14:39:19

chilllllllllllllllllll!! think how wonderful it will be for you both,,,,,,,,,,ok get the phone call all your favours in friends neighbours send her to a friend/neighbour make the beds quick scoot round with hoover [whos gonna see it?] dust the tv coffeee table makes whole room look clean,clean fridge out sort your case out make sure you got your passports etc,,[you coming back?]

BareFootAngel Thu 21-Jul-05 14:39:20

BareFootAngel Thu 21-Jul-05 14:41:33

oops what happened there?

BareFootAngel Thu 21-Jul-05 14:42:45

stick her in dungereeswith difficult clips

MrsDoolittle Thu 21-Jul-05 14:45:05

That's a good idea BFA, the dungarees one

BareFootAngel Thu 21-Jul-05 14:45:55

thanks...and a thin cardi that willls top her bless...

pinotgrigio Thu 21-Jul-05 17:07:17

Thanks BFA. I can't believe I didn't think of the difficult clothes idea, although we don't own dungarees. DD is a 'difficult' shape. LOL.

I also haven't given a seconds thought to cleaning the house. My 2 best friends are both 100 miles away, so nobody to call on for favours. I am truly on my own here. Perhaps a book deal on my experiences would soften the blow?!?

I've spent the afternoon trying to book a hotel in Hong Kong and find a serviced apartment in Sydney that doesn't cost £700 a week (eep!).

Oh dear. DD has just woken up. Into town (hopefully clothed) we go.

PS. Thanks Moondog. Glad I'm not the only person who can see how horrific this is. Everybody else keeps saying soothingly 'it will be fine'. Quite frankly, it's going to be a nightmare.

BareFootAngel Thu 21-Jul-05 17:24:06

good luck hunn in case i dont speak to you again wishing you loads of luck and happiness,,,,take care

pinotgrigio Sat 23-Jul-05 19:39:24

Woohoo!! I made it to Hong Kong unscathed!!

OK, so DD (2.8) manged to throw up on herself in departures, wee all over herself and her (2nd) set of clothes during a nappy change and slopped every liquid available in-flight over the rest of the clothes, but nonetheless, we are here!!

Only another 9 hour flight to go and we'll be in Sydney. 9 hours. PAH!

BareFootAngel Sun 24-Jul-05 09:36:45

yahhhhhhh well done hun hope all is still going well keep us updated! hows dd? she allowed to start potty training herself now loadsa luck take care x

pinotgrigio Sat 30-Jul-05 14:54:38

Well, we're finally here in Sydney!

It's a week later, but it's taken me that long to get over the trauma.

Not only did DD not sleep at all on the flight, leaving us both up for 30+ hours (and I won't even go into her behaviour on the plane), she also refused to sleep for the first 4 days in Sydney. Every night she'd wake up at midnight and refuse to go back to sleep until 4.30am. As I had to get up at around 7am most days this WASN'T GOOD.

Thankfully a helpful pharmacist dealt with the problem yesterday, which gave me my first full night's sleep in 6 days and the ability to log on and post something. Woohoo!

Now I'm able to focus I can say that it's great here. I don't want to go home already. DD isn't a child of many words, she's only been speaking for 3 months (and she's creeping up to 3) but when she first saw Sydney harbour today she said 'The water's sparkling mummy'. Sniff. She's never said sparkling before. Do I really want to go home to London and hear her say 'The water's murky mummy'? I think not.

eldorado Sat 30-Jul-05 15:15:39

glad you got there safe and sound. It must have been a nightmare but at least you are there now and that is all behind you. How long will you be thre for.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now