Talk

Advanced search

Holidays next year - where to go

(6 Posts)
Lea2003 Tue 19-Jul-05 19:00:43

I know I might be a bit organised but dh, dd (who will then be nearly 3) and me want to go away next July (Scottish School hols due to childminder being away - yes she has already booked her dates!).

We need to save up hence the enquiry.

We would like the usual,

-shortish flight - less than 5 hours.
-close to beach
-flying from scottish airport - (Majorca, Menorca, Canaries, Corfu, Zante and Crete are the main ones)
-shortish transfers
-also not too noisy - dd is light sleeper and we have usually gone to quietish places - although appreciate that with a toddler we will have to change somewhat.
- Not too bothered about childcare as she will be under most kids clubs ages and we want to spend time with her.

Anyone who could recommend us apartments/Self Catering or a good tour operator would be wonderful.

Cheers

LadyLucan Tue 19-Jul-05 19:06:52

Found a fantastic apartment we went to in Majorca in May. 2 Bedroomed, close to beach Santa Ponsa. Shared Pool. Very clean - would recommend. Only problem was it was on 2nd floor. I don't know how u feel about balconies but we kept a VERY close eye on our dd & ds (2 & 4).

macwoozy Tue 19-Jul-05 19:08:09

If you tend to go to quieter places, then take a look at Son Bou Gardens in Menorca. The grounds are huge and great for a toddler to run around in. I managed to get a really good deal when I went last year, I think I booked it through My Travel website. There are only a handful of bars and restaurants but certainly enough if you were going for just a week. Son Bou also has a fab beach.

Aimsmum Tue 19-Jul-05 19:15:21

Message withdrawn

Lea2003 Tue 19-Jul-05 19:23:27

Aimsmum - nothing came up on the link - apart from a first choice booking page - mind you I haven't got a clue how to do one!

Not too sure about balconies - dd is a handfull now but who knows next year!

Aimsmum Tue 19-Jul-05 19:25:03

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: