Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone done one of those £9.50 holidays in The Sun?

(34 Posts)
oliveoil Tue 19-Jul-05 09:36:40

There was a review in The Times travel section recently and they said it was ok, £9.50 per person for loads of different caravan parks in Britain and I think you can go to France and Spain as well.

Anyone?

<goes off to watch Trisha and to count her Burberyy (fake) bags>

spykid Tue 19-Jul-05 09:37:58

<<<<<whispers>>>>>>>

Yes twice, to devon and Tenby. We paid for an upgrade on the caravan and it was well worth the money

Kelly1978 Tue 19-Jul-05 09:40:57

I did something like that for a Butlins hol, worked out a lot more than the basic price, but still got a good break for under £100. Was celebrating A level results a went with a mate. Those were the days...

oliveoil Tue 19-Jul-05 09:42:54

I am collecting the tokens at the mo, no need to whisper I AM GOING TO SHOUT IT .

The offer is from September onwards, when did you go and what was the weather like.

I will probably be going to one in Wales.

spykid Tue 19-Jul-05 09:44:26

Was a couple of years ago and e went end od sept both times and weather was lovely.

Would really reccomend Tenby, it was beautiful

oliveoil Tue 19-Jul-05 09:46:10

oooooh Tenby, that is one that I am thinking of. There is a brochure all about it in tomorrows paper (insert excited smiley) so I will pick your brains if that is ok.

spykid Tue 19-Jul-05 09:46:41

pick away!!

OldieMum Tue 19-Jul-05 10:43:19

I know someone who went to Dorset. It was OK, though the accommodation (cabins) was very cramped.

starlover Tue 19-Jul-05 10:44:18

yes!

my aunt went one year and said it was lovely.
so the next year we all went and it was DISGUSTING!

sandyballs Tue 19-Jul-05 11:01:35

We've been on a couple - they do vary enormously and can be a bit grot but if you take the view that it's very cheap and the kids absolutely love it, then it's not too bad . I'd avoid the larger parks as they seem to be a bit cramped and busy, stick to the smaller ones.

oliveoil Tue 19-Jul-05 11:07:45

Is it full of rough arse types?

I am not being a class snob, I am common as muck but have illusions of grandeur (sp?).

Angeliz Tue 19-Jul-05 11:09:50

freinds mum rang and told me yesterday as we go to Haggerston Castle. I am collecting them too.
She did it last year and for an extra 20 pounds each they upgraded to a gold caravan. (which is what we've stayed oin and beleive me, some of them are gorgeous!!! One we stayed in last year was privately owned and brand new, the owner had just payed 35 thousand pounds for it!)

spykid Tue 19-Jul-05 11:10:41

We actually own a caravan on one of the sights used for sun holidays and I think its fab.
You do get a real mix of people,,,she says tactfully!,,, but we tend not to frequent the club house.
ps I am a boden yummy mummy I will have you know!!{wink}lol

QueenOfQuotes Tue 19-Jul-05 11:12:43

We stayed in a privately owned holiday park home on Holiday 2yrs ago (wasn't a sun deal) the park itself was pretty dire.......but all we did was slept there - we spent the days doing our own thing - so it didn't matter that the park was rubbish./

cerys Tue 19-Jul-05 11:13:05

is it the site at Kiln Park at Tenby? If so it is fab there, but Tenby is lovely anyway.

If you can upgrade it might be worth it, as caravans can get a bit chilly at night and heaters are useful. If not, just pack lots of jumpers. I am speaking from bitter experience - a rainy holiday in a caravan in Fishguard where we put warm clothes on to go to bed. That was September too.

sandyballs Tue 19-Jul-05 11:14:53

There is an element of that Oliveoil - lots of bling and burberry , but it's what you make it. I've never actually seen any punch-ups or anything.

spykid Tue 19-Jul-05 11:16:27

Depends if you are one of the families who parks the kids prams at the bar at 7 and doesnt move till midnight.
Obviously wearing your bling, crop top and burberry cap

BROWNY Tue 19-Jul-05 11:23:26

Hi Oliveoil,

We had a four day break in May, but found it was the same price on the internet. After you have paid the £9.50 per person, then paid £6.50 each for entertainment passes (we paid extra for a third bedroom in an apartment) the price was exactly the same as advertised on the internet.

We went to Butlins, in Pwllheli, the apartment was spacious, clean and even had heaters and TWO fridges - one for the baby's bottles of course lol . The kids love it there and spend most of their time in the swimming pool and dancing in the club of an evening!

lynny70 Tue 19-Jul-05 11:51:31

Message deleted

oliveoil Tue 19-Jul-05 11:57:16

I will not be seen dead in any entertainment areas <shudder>, hate that sort of thing. I will (hopefully) be chilling with some wine and dh slumped on a sofa/deckchair depending on the weather.

noddyholder Tue 19-Jul-05 12:03:18

We went to Weymouth and the caravan etc was ok but the rest of the people!!!!!!!!Well ds and dp nicknamed the club house The Biffer Arms It is good though for cheap accomodation and we just went to local restaurants at night and to different beaches in the day This was about 5 yrs ago

lynny70 Tue 19-Jul-05 12:20:07

Message deleted

Ailsa Tue 19-Jul-05 12:24:47

We've been doing these since 1997

We once bought enough papers to make up our main two weeks holiday, I was pg with ds at the time, so week had 2 weeks in Devon & Cornwall.

This year we had May half term at Devon cliffs.

Angeliz - I love Haggerston Castle and am working on persuading dh to go back.

tatt Tue 19-Jul-05 14:24:14

we went to newquay in west wales (no, not cornwall ). There are dolphins in the bay if you get up early and the entertainment was really good for the children. The shows were good enough for adults to enjoy too. Only problems were if you have a low exhaust the speed bumps will remove it and its rather isolated.

Have been to other camps that were less good.....

cerys Tue 19-Jul-05 14:28:07

tatt - we went there last month, but not with the Sun deal. We had a great time, though New Quay itself is really just cafes, the beach and shops selling icecreams and buckets and spades!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now