Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Going to CenterParcs - any tips

(16 Posts)
Saxy Mon 18-Jul-05 15:26:57

I am going to CenterParcs next Monday and would love any tips from past visitors! (I know I have to take loads of money!)
X

Saxy Tue 19-Jul-05 11:55:37

Bump

tiredemma Tue 19-Jul-05 11:57:41

which one are you going to?

lemonice Tue 19-Jul-05 12:02:29

I've never been but I've haerd you shouldn't arrive at the same time as everyone else and pre-book your activities on the internet (?think that's right)

sweetheart Tue 19-Jul-05 12:06:37

Take 2 lots of towels as they take ages to dry.

Take things like tea, coffe, sugar, ketchup, bin bags, salt, pepper (I.e. all the basic's)

I've never had a problem with getting into the villa's - the queue doesn't last long. We tend to take swimming stuff in a seperate bag so that we can leave the car in the car park and go swimming before taking our cases and shopping down to the villa.

tiredemma Tue 19-Jul-05 12:10:11

we stayed at the sherwood one, got there early ( about an hour early) and they allowed us to check into our villa. We went straight to the bike hire to get our bikes and then over to book our "extra's" - creche, spa etc. Glad we did this early as there was a huge ( and i mean HUGE) queue later that afternoon and many people were diasppointed with not getting the activities that they desired.
Bought lots of nice food from sainsburys on the way up as we cooked in the villa most nigts, only eat out one evening in the american rib-house style resturant.
definetly go to the spa, how relaxing!.

very jealous now, i love CP.

Saxy Tue 19-Jul-05 14:27:52

Thanks everyone. We are going to Elvenden Forest. Just looked at the weather though and looks like rain next week, but to be honest I am not that bothered as there appears to be so much to do. I have pre booked the mini soccer for my ds who is 4 but not anything else as he is too young for most things. I was going to take essentials like tea & coffee. Roll on Monday

spykid Tue 19-Jul-05 14:47:42

Check at the restaurants because at oasis if you eat before 5.30 children eat for smething like £4 with drink and ice cream.

triceratops Tue 19-Jul-05 14:53:32

Take a back pack and bike locks if you have them then you won't have to buy them. Insect repellant is a good idea and extra pillows if you like your bed soft.

spykid Tue 19-Jul-05 14:54:42

plastic bags to cover the bike seats outside ...incase it rains...which I'm sure it won't!

Windermere Tue 19-Jul-05 15:02:41

If you are going to the spa make sure you book your treatments in advance as they are normally fully booked with a long waiting list for cancellations.

oliveoil Tue 19-Jul-05 15:05:01

There was a good article about this in The Times a couple of weeks ago, I will try and link it (don't hold your breath).

oliveoil Tue 19-Jul-05 15:08:07

Plop. You can only get free articles from the past 7 days and it was from a week last Sunday (10th). If anyone subscribes they can get it online.

One journalist was slagging it off and another was praising it.

I think you get a tip guide for firstimers with your tickets or you can go on their (cp's) website.

spykid Tue 19-Jul-05 15:09:12

oliveoil cparcs and sun breaks!!!

oliveoil Tue 19-Jul-05 15:09:54

No, cparcs is too posh for the likes of me!

xxx

Saxy Thu 21-Jul-05 19:43:56

Got my pen and paper to add tips to my list of "things to do/get". Thanks all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now