Talk

Advanced search

Puglia - anyone been?

(4 Posts)
spacedonkey Mon 18-Jul-05 14:01:55

Any recommendations (for accommodation, places to go, places to eat), tips or advice on staying in Puglia? Does Puglia have any tacky resorts that should be avoided?

popmum Mon 18-Jul-05 14:50:34

We went last year - have to say it was quite boring! Sorry if you have booked already. Really is not much to do - lovely beaches, all private (therefore you pay to go on), real issue was that the towns all close from 12-5 so things can seem very shut up. Depends what you want from a hol i guess....but we'd have prefered slightly busier places to go
We stayed near fastano and went to all the 'main' towns - are very pretty, but as I say just very quiet. Food is lovely - just eat in local places - we stayed in a farm place and they had a rest. there which was lovely. Obv. they love kids.
When/ where are you going?

jayzmummy Wed 20-Jul-05 01:13:50

Puglia is where my family originate from.....its very quiet, beautiful and restful....but very boring if you are looking for more than a quite holiday.

The Il'Vallentino complex is cr@p...we stayed there last year and ended up getting 50% of our holiday cost back from the holiday company after we complained!!!!

Taranto is a lovely town to visit...but as popmum says is closed from 12-5 each day....mondays all day!!!

Ellbell Wed 20-Jul-05 19:55:32

Haven't been in Puglia for donkey's years, but Gallipoli is beautiful iirc. The Tremiti islands may be accessible, depending on whereabouts you are (boats go from Termoli) and are absolutely stunning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now