Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Passport office Investigating my application!!!

(7 Posts)
magnolia1 Sat 16-Jul-05 23:28:36

I lost my passport and so when I filled in my daughters form I did one for me for a peplacement. Repoted it to police and got a crime reference number like the notes told me to.
Kira got hers back last week and i phoned to see where mine was to be told it is at the peterborough office under investigation
We go on holiday in 2 weeks and I am so scared they won't do it in time.
Why would they take so long on mine??
Would they refuse me another cos I lost my last one??

So worried.

Evesmama Sat 16-Jul-05 23:29:50

doesnt mean you under investigation..there could be someone trying to use your lost one..ring back, ask for a further explanation and tell them about your booked holiday..hope you get sorted

jampots Sat 16-Jul-05 23:30:31

my BIL lost his and had to fill a new application in too. They're taking longer with the "lost" ones I think because of so much false ID doing the rounds. He did get his back within about 2 weeks though

moondog Sat 16-Jul-05 23:30:41

They won't refuse,don't worry. my sister has lost hers (when pissed usually!) at least 6 times,although they have no put their foot down and told her no more!

Tinker Sat 16-Jul-05 23:52:25

I had 2 running concurrently for a while

magnolia1 Thu 21-Jul-05 20:36:27

Have phoned again and been told its not under investigation but my application is under assesment!! Its now been 3 weeks since I sent off via post office and they have said not to panic till end of next week!! But that will be 1 week before I fly
I don't know what to do. My daughter now has hers and this is her 1st time on a plane and we might have to cancel

PeachyClair Thu 21-Jul-05 21:22:36

Don't worry, they do this sometimes. When I worked for HM Customs and Excise (how many jobs have I had? ) they even checked up on one of the Officers passports, it just came up as a routine. It's probably more common now though, with all the identity fraud, as it was many, many years ago when I was but a teenager.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now