Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

centreparks, and where is it??

(14 Posts)
Hermione1 Fri 15-Jul-05 20:49:14

A big might be going to centre parks if all works out ok, just wondered where it was and if anyones been, how did you like it, was it good for kids???

Hermione1 Fri 15-Jul-05 20:52:09

bump

Hermione1 Fri 15-Jul-05 20:52:09

bump

merrygoround Fri 15-Jul-05 20:54:05

Try an archive search, there is quite a lot on CP. There are about 4 in UK, more in Europe, UK ones are in Suffolk, Cumbria, Wiltshire (or is is Gloucestershire) and NOttinghamshire (I think). The whole point in a way is that they are great for kids, but I have had child free friends who went because of all the activities.

Hermione1 Fri 15-Jul-05 20:55:09

ty merry, i'll do that.

Yorkiegirl Fri 15-Jul-05 20:56:04

Message withdrawn

Hermione1 Fri 15-Jul-05 20:57:34

might be going with my friend and her kids, but is a big might at the moment. i think we were thinking of sherwood.

merrygoround Fri 15-Jul-05 20:58:13

PS Price wise there are loads of discounts available depending on who is in your party, or which week you choose, but going during school hols possibly means double the price.

Hermione1 Fri 15-Jul-05 21:00:44

we were thinking of february time and during the week.

ja9 Fri 15-Jul-05 21:01:29

i just dont get these holidays - maybe if they were cheaper, but when they work out equal to or more expensive than a holiday in the sun.... i'd go for sun every time...

i'm happy to be convinced otherwise tho'. go on, educate me...

Hermione1 Fri 15-Jul-05 21:02:37

i haven't got up to date passports and thats gonna cost me £150 before i have even gone to holiday in the sun.
I get homesick in different contries, and have never been to centre parks before.

merrygoround Fri 15-Jul-05 21:09:02

Well we recently hired a 3 bed villa (the accommodation is lovely) for £400 in June, for four nights. That was split between two couples. So for £200 we had a five day break, which included free entry to the swimming pool. We stayed in a beautiful place in the middle of a forest, self catered (cheapest way), and paid for a few "treats" - spa for me, some clay pigeons etc for him, golf for the other couple. We hired bikes, but you can take your own. Not sure if this is great value or not, but it seems ok to me. Biggest plus is that dd (3) was in her element - just so much to do.

hewlettsdaughter Fri 15-Jul-05 21:33:48

What age are your kids? My five year old loves Centerparcs, and they cater for little ones (and big ones) too. We've been to Longleat (near Bath) and Sherwood Forest.

englishbeauty Fri 15-Jul-05 21:54:05

hermione we recently been to centre parcs in longleat. it was amazing and fab for kids of all ages. we came home and bought a trailer for the kids that goes on the back of your bike. they all use them at centre parcs to get around. they are fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now