Talk

Advanced search

Kingsdown Park, Deal, Kent - Any recommendations??

(12 Posts)
mamaoftwo Fri 15-Jul-05 19:53:44

Anyone been here before? I've just booked a lodge for a week in August, on a whim. I have two boys one and three years. Just wondered what I've let myself in for? Of course it may be lovely!! Thanks

flashingnose Fri 15-Jul-05 20:02:43

It's lovely! IIRC each chalet is privately owned so I guess that's luck of the drawer but ours was fine. Not huge inside though. Grounds are clean, lots of grass to run about on, trees to play under etc. Pool is fine, little shop is expensive, food onsite wasn't great (but this was a few years back so may have changed), entertainment was <ahem> interesting . Nearest beach is pebbly and quite steep so we drove to a sandy beach that I can't remember the name of (helpful eh?).

Have a lovely time!

flashingnose Fri 15-Jul-05 20:03:09

draw - doh!

unicorn Fri 15-Jul-05 20:12:43

when you going?

we're heading there too - end of august... (I think triplets lives near) and there is lots to do in the area inc a steam railway!!!!!!

(I had a thread a while back on this)

blueteddy Fri 15-Jul-05 20:16:03

I live in Deal & there we often walk into Kingsdown.
It is quite a posh part of Deal & there are some lovely pubs by the seaside!
We often go into the Zetland arms, which is right by the sea.

flashingnose Fri 15-Jul-05 20:16:58

Ooh yes, the railway is fab!

blueteddy Fri 15-Jul-05 20:19:15

My ds1 went there last week with his Nanny & they had a drink while he played on the beach with Tessiebears ds's.
There is a small sandy part to the beach as well, although it is mainly pebbles.
Only problem was that my Mum took him straight from school & allowed him to run into the sea with his school shoes on!
I still cannot get the salt stains off!!!

blueteddy Fri 15-Jul-05 20:23:35

And if you go into Deal itself, there is a leisure center called Tides, which has a pool with a water slide, wave machine etc.
There is also a free communial paddling pool by Deal seafront.

bijou Fri 15-Jul-05 20:40:32

Oh my God, I used to live in Deal... my mum still does!
St Margates Bay is lovely too. Has a lovely private park called Pine Gardens with a lake, swans and beautifully kept gardens and trees. Can't remember how much the entrance fee is, but I went there last summer and thought it worth it.

Next to Tides are 2 indoor tennis courts, and if you ask in Tides they'll give you info about the baby gym across the road which is great...I think it's every Monday and Wed morning for under 4s and it's in a huge soft sprung proper gymnastics arena, DS loved it.

blueteddy Fri 15-Jul-05 20:43:59

Oh yes, I forgot about the baby gym!
It is every Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday morning & is for children from 0-5.

unicorn Fri 15-Jul-05 21:22:05

Wow!!!! - loads of info and things to do, it sounds fab.. looking forward to it!

triplets Sun 17-Jul-05 23:14:40

Yes I do live in Deal and its a fab place! Kingsdown village is lovely and the pubs are excellent, recommend the Kings Head, good food and garden, children very welcome, run by Amanda one of our Mums from school which is just up the road. If you check on the tides go to the furthest part of the beach at Kingsdown and when its low tide we do now get a large expanse of sand(none at one time) and the most fabulous rock pools, my three just love it there. A couple of weeks ago we went at 5pm and bbq`d and came home at 9.30pm, might see you there!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now