Talk

Advanced search

Taking a 3 yr old and two teenagers to London - help!

(10 Posts)
karen1806 Thu 14-Jul-05 22:32:38

We are going to London for the weekend in two weeks time. We plan to go on the London Eye and possibly to London Zoo. I need some other suggestions for things to do which will keep the 3yr old happy while not boring the life out of the two teenagers. Any ideas would be gratefully received!

KBear Thu 14-Jul-05 23:00:23

Hyde Park
Hamleys Toy Shop in Regent Street
Tower of London
River Cruise (combine with London Eye)

lucy5 Thu 14-Jul-05 23:13:55

Science museum, something for everyone. lots of interactive stuff for all ages.

LouBeeLou Fri 15-Jul-05 12:58:13

Science museum
Natural History museum
Museum of Childhood, Bethnal Green
Madame Tussauds

soapbox Fri 15-Jul-05 13:04:25

My DCs really enjoyed the open topped bus tour, round all teh sights and I imagine that would appeal to both the younger and older ones.

A much ignored museum but definately worth a visit is the Museum of London which is on London Wall. Again I think all ages would enjoy it.

Earlybird Fri 15-Jul-05 13:17:19

London Aquarium is next to the London Eye. Think it might be another good idea for keeping all entertained.

Cybermum Fri 15-Jul-05 13:20:55

Favourites with my dds:

Hamleys
Tower of London
Museum of London
HMS Belfast (nr London Bridge)

Enjoy your weekend

karen1806 Sun 17-Jul-05 19:20:15

Thank you for all your replies. We shall probably try some of the museums suggested. We'll also pay a visit to Hamleys. Why didn't I think of that!

Janh Sun 17-Jul-05 19:32:38

karen, is your 3-yr-old a boy or a girl? The Imperial War Museum has some excellent galleries suitable for teenagers plus loads of wartime hardware for little ones - a little girl might like them too but I think a boy would appreciate them more! (Planes hanging off the ceiling...!)

The Children's War looks good.

karen1806 Mon 18-Jul-05 06:56:23

He's a boy! One of my teenagers is also a boy who is fascinated by World War 2. This might be a really good idea!! Thank you very much!
Karen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now