Talk

Advanced search

riverside pubs in London

(7 Posts)
Carameli Wed 13-Jul-05 12:22:12

Does anone know any good ones. We are coming from all over the place, Kings Cross, Richmond, White City, and Strand area and want to meet for a drink or two but I want to get somewhere near the river as its going to be hot. Also somehwere that people can get to easily with all the tube probs.

spidermama Wed 13-Jul-05 12:23:58

I used to work at the Anchor Bankside in my youth. Lovely pub near the Golden Hynde with lots of history. It claims Samuel pepys was a regular. I HATED working there but it is a lovely pub in a great location.

spidermama Wed 13-Jul-05 12:25:15

I think the riverbank idea is a great one too. It's really chilled compared to the rest of manic London. Walking along the South Bank was always one of my favrourite London passtimes.

Carameli Wed 13-Jul-05 12:25:25

where is it?

spidermama Wed 13-Jul-05 12:34:33

Remember the Millenium Bridge which was closed down because it shook? It's very near the Tate Modern.
If you're standing on the South Bank with your back to the river facing ther Tate Mod, turn left, stick to the riverside path and you'll come to it in about 500 yards. (A lovely walk).

Or coming from London Bridge ... out of station, cross the road, through churchyard of Southwark Cathedral, turn right and you'll see a sailing ship called the Golden Hynde in a dock. The riverside path bends away from the River for a bit (past The Clink) ... turn right at the end and the pub is there, by the river.

spidermama Wed 13-Jul-05 12:35:53

There's also the Tattersall Castle which is a pub on a boat moored on the north side near Charing X but it's a bit more touristy.

Carameli Wed 13-Jul-05 12:37:52

both sound good, will suggest both as trying to get a few old work colleagues together and its so hard now that some have moved away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now