Talk

Advanced search

Looking for nice European resort for 2 adults and baby

(9 Posts)
W0MBAT Sat 09-Jul-05 20:01:08

My husband and I are going on our first holiday with our five-month old. We would like to go to a nice family beach resort in Europe. Any recommendations? Names of hotels would be much appreciated.

Yorkiegirl Sat 09-Jul-05 20:05:46

Message withdrawn

Nbg Sat 09-Jul-05 20:06:51

I can highly recommend Scala in Kefalonia (Greece). It has a lovely beach and it is a very friendly place. Not too big but not too small. I have been twice both times self catering and they were both quite small apartments.

It is such a lovely place.

W0MBAT Sat 09-Jul-05 20:15:27

Thanks for messages. Scala sounds nice nbg, I will have a look online.

Yorkiegirl, I am interested in any European holiday suitable for families. Do you recommend anywhere in particular in the Mediterranean?

Hulababy Sat 09-Jul-05 20:16:42

Italy is lovely and very child friendly. May be hot though.

Just been to South of France and that was really lovely as well.

Yorkiegirl Sat 09-Jul-05 23:19:43

Message withdrawn

Blu Sat 09-Jul-05 23:47:03

Tamariu, a v small resort cove on the Costa brava - the hotel Tamariu looked v nice, but we stayed in an apartment. V small and pretty, with a selection of small bars and restaurants on a promenade alond a small beach. Or a slightly bigger neighbouring resort, Callela de franca (??). Not a place if you need 'entertainment', and would be packed solid in August, I think.

Blu Sat 09-Jul-05 23:47:54

I agree Portugal - Burgau on the Algarve?

W0MBAT Mon 11-Jul-05 09:49:50

Thanks! Will definitely consider your recommendations. While searching for good holiday destinations, I stumbled across an excellent website called www.babygoes2.com, which recommends places to stay with babies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now