Talk

Advanced search

SELF CATERING IN BRITTANY - anyone recommend somewhere fantastic?

(6 Posts)
Merlin Fri 01-Jul-05 20:52:57

Want to try and get away in August with DH and DS1 and 2 before DS1 starts school (yes I know I've probably left it a bit late!).

Preferable want to be close to a beach, max hours drive from St Malo too if poss.

Has anyone stayed in a gite/cottage that was really good?

TIA

Merlin Fri 01-Jul-05 20:57:42

please ...................

Merlin Fri 01-Jul-05 21:37:11

anyone?

calpopscalum Mon 04-Jul-05 17:45:56

Not stayed in a gite or cottage but have done the mobile home on a French campsite rather a few times - fab for kids! Last year we stayed in baden at a site called Mane Gernehue - about 10 - 20 mins drive froma beach but the pool area was fantastic and the local beaches were great too. Would thoroughly recommend. We're going to a different part of Brittany at the end of Aug this year - camping Village la plage in Le Guilvenic, it's on the beach. baden was 1 1/2 hours drive from St malo and this eyar I think it's about an hour. A friedn stayed at the site in Dol de Bretagne and said it was fantastic, with a golf course etc. it's even closer to St Malo. try www.matthewsfrance.co.uk and click on a destination (eg Vendee) at the bottom of the drop down menu you'll see 'message board' - post on there ans see if you get any advice. But I can't recommend the campsxites enough, they are so good for families and offer so much to do with loads of freedom.
take care

Merlin Mon 04-Jul-05 18:02:56

thanks for that calpops - i'll have look at the site.

lapsedrunner Mon 04-Jul-05 20:00:02

Not a specific Gite but check out www.gites-de-france.fr. Excelent website, ahve booked 3 times on-line plus a couple by phone, always go for 3 "ears of corn" or more.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: