Talk

Advanced search

What are toddler meals like on British Airways?

(17 Posts)
franch Fri 01-Jul-05 13:51:27

We've ordered a veggie meal for DD (18m) as she's a veg freak, but would be interested to know if a kids' meal might tempt her. Or is it junk?

Caribbeanqueen Fri 01-Jul-05 13:57:17

It's junk, mainly. We complained.

We ordered dd a portion of normal food and she ate most of that instead. You can phone them up in advance and find out what kind of food will be on offer and what your options are.

SoupDragon Fri 01-Jul-05 14:01:39

Usual children's fare. Although DSs once got a whole tray full of funsized chocolate and an adult meal because they'd stuffed up our pre-order

Chuffed Fri 01-Jul-05 14:35:24

We have ordered a toddler meal twice on BA, both times nothing was served, but dd didn't have a seat. Luckily we had a bit of food with us and she shared ours but they just missed her out, had no problem booking it and nobody said anything until the meal was served and we asked for it. Even confirmed it by phone 2 evenings beforehand so take something with you too.

franch Fri 01-Jul-05 14:58:22

Thanks all - think I'll stick with the veggie meal. DH and I have ordered standard meals so we can mix and match. Have heard about the starving of under-2s on flights, Chuffed - will def take backup but will kick up a stink if she's not fed, as we've paid for a seat for her.

ediemay Fri 01-Jul-05 15:10:16

IME BA are awful with children and I suggest you take some cheese and fruit with you.

franch Fri 01-Jul-05 15:14:17

Oh dear ....

Chuffed Fri 01-Jul-05 15:23:10

ohh to does you dd drink normal milk? I have heard that they only have uht on board so might be worth taking some in a flask if she will expect it.

franch Fri 01-Jul-05 15:27:01

Good tip Chuffed, thanks

Mum2Ela Fri 01-Jul-05 15:29:08

Yeah the ckildrens meals usually awful: fish fingers, choc milkshake, small choc bar and sweetie, and a dessert of some description.

Veggie meals on the other hand are always lush!

Sooo annoyed with BA since our last trip with them. Total and utter lack of customer service imo and ime, including employees who blatently led to my face! But thats nothing to do with the meals, so don't worry.

Chuffed is right too. No milk on board.

Also ask for a blanket and / or pillow as soon as you get on or they will not have any left aftre about 2 minutes, even if you have got a baby with you. I alwasy take my own now. Easier.

MeerkatsUnite Fri 01-Jul-05 16:10:34

I've had a different experience on BA planes - have always found some milk to be had from the galley. Its the usual sort of milk as well - not UHT (yetch!).

Childrens' meals are generally crap (adult meals are generally speaking not much better; infact I would not give most of what's been served up to the cat!!) and are often served only a short while before the adults' meals are served. Would strongly suggest you take your own food for the duration of the flight and not rely at all on them to provide.

triplets Mon 04-Jul-05 04:51:02

We flew with them to Palma a few weeks ago, not at all impressed. We pre booked 3 kids meals, 1 veggie and 3 normal, all got the same! A deli pack with a finger of rubbery pizza, a muffin, fruit and water! My James wouldn`t eat any of it, he was so upset as its part of the excitement for them. On the flight back, just after take off they announced that they would not be serving tea or coffee as London hadn`t supplied them with tea pots!!!!

FIMAC1 Mon 04-Jul-05 06:44:13

Ordered a Dairy free meal for dd and she got a fab meal -

Salmon steak, new pots and veggies - trouble is she doesn't like salmon! I ate it and she picked at my adult meal I was served (chicken and the like)

DEE747 Sat 23-Jul-05 15:46:39

Have always found BA to be brilliant with Kids, especially on long haul. The kids meals are things like sausages, fish fingers etc which my kids are not too keen on but most kids just yum them up. Perhaps we should let BA know that some kids like healthy options but I suppose that they cater to the masses. Rest of the meal content was good and breakfasts were excellent. Have always found the staff to be great.

gemmamay Sat 23-Jul-05 23:18:21

Flying last week with BA the toddler meals were a bit heathlier - salmon with veg!

Bit of a strange choice though as adults choices were chichken casserole or lasagne.

Not being up to speed with these things we didn't book a toddler meal for dd but looking at the other kids faces that didn't matter! Especially as she tucked into her casserole.

stripey Sun 24-Jul-05 13:03:12

Flew BA to Sydney a few years ago with ds. He was 19 months at the time and I tried to book a veggie meal but was told I couldn't as we didn't pay for a seat for him. They offered him 4 month old baby jars and said they couldn't guarantee to have any milk avaialble for him so took my own food.

BA were flight attendants were terrible too and didn't help at all there or back. I would never fly BA long haul again.

Wallace Sun 24-Jul-05 13:14:47

Flew long haul rcently with BA. Kids meals were awful. Breakfast was sandwiches. 4 finger shaped - flavours like egg mayonaise, cheese & pickle, etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now