Advanced search

Get an exclusive 5% off your next Mark Warner holiday - call 0333 305 9795 and quote Mumsnet

E1 11 forms

(10 Posts)
Posey Thu 30-Jun-05 20:49:39

Does anyone know if we need them for the Channel Islands please?

Posey Fri 01-Jul-05 20:05:59


dramaqueen72 Fri 01-Jul-05 20:07:27

I dont know- i dont think so- but seeing how they are free and just a bit of hassle at the post office, couldnt you just get them anyway?

nannyjo Fri 01-Jul-05 20:10:06

isn't the channel islands part of the british isle? so i don't think you need it. Not 100* sure though. ask at post office

yoyo Fri 01-Jul-05 20:15:56

Pick up the "Health advice for travellers" booklet from the P.O. Under "Reciprocal Agreement Countries" the Channel Islands are listed - this means you are entitled to emergency medical treatment. As I read it you do not need the E111 but would need to produce proof of UK residence. Get the booklet as it lists exactly what is available to you and what you pay charges for.

jodee Fri 01-Jul-05 20:18:36

You just need to provide some form of ID that you are a UK citizen, driving licence etc.

this may help

jodee Fri 01-Jul-05 20:19:07

posts crossed, yoyo!

Posey Fri 01-Jul-05 20:32:38

Thank you so much. I didn't think you did but the woman in the post office confused me.

MeerkatsUnite Sat 02-Jul-05 15:51:59

The E111 forms will be scrapped by the end of this year. With reference to Yoyo's posting this version of the "Health Advice for Travellers" booklet, available as webpages from the links below, is valid only until the end of August 2005, after which the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) will be introduced and an updated version of the booklet will be made available. Form E111s issued after 19 August 2004 will continue to be valid until 31 December 2005.

TBH I'd forget all about the E111 and get a detailed travel insurance policy instead.

Janh Tue 05-Jul-05 13:18:33

It's still worth getting an E111 now though because "Note: the European Health Insurance Card will replace the E111 in 2005. If you tick the appropriate box on the E111 application form you do not need to apply separately for this, as the details that you have provided will be used to issue you with one automatically later in the year, prior to the expiry of your E111" (from Dept of Health )

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: