Talk

Advanced search

Where to get cheap flights??

(11 Posts)
Gobbledigook Thu 30-Jun-05 12:20:51

We are looking for flights to Majorca for next May - does anyone know where to get cheap ones from?! I'm getting prices of over £250 per adult and that seems a lot to me - or am I just out of touch!?

Gobbledigook Thu 30-Jun-05 12:29:02

popmum Thu 30-Jun-05 12:33:24

try http://www.travelocity.co.uk/ - they ahve a fare watcher bit - saw it advertised on TV

lemonice Thu 30-Jun-05 12:36:14

I don't think the cheap airlines release their flights so early try www.mytravelite.co.uk who go there from Birmingham, is it half term week?

northerner Thu 30-Jun-05 12:38:02

IME it's best to book direct with teh airlines. Try jet 2, bmi baby or easy jet.

CountessDracula Thu 30-Jun-05 12:38:32

try www.skyscanner.net for the low cost airlines - it searches all of them

Gobbledigook Thu 30-Jun-05 12:40:54

Oh thanks everyone. Yes I'm finding many of the websites won't search on May 2006 yet!! I just need to get an idea of prices for my brother and gf who have a budget to stick to!

Lemonice - yep, half term week!

I tried BMI baby but I can't search the dates I want yet.

tabitha Thu 30-Jun-05 12:42:00

Try this

Janh Thu 30-Jun-05 12:45:41

FWIW, we paid £200 each to Malaga last October, booking well in advance. That was through Flightline, with Monarch, but I discovered later that it would have been cheaper to book with Monarch directly, so you could look there.

scheduled flight website (they do charter too)

Oh - it only goes up to March! (I'm not sure booking this early will get you a cheap flight anyway.)

You could try Jet2com, they fly Leeds-Bradford to Palma but their schedule only goes up to October atm. Ditto easyjet (Liverpool-Palma). I tried both for Sept fares (similar sort of mid-season iyswim) and they were quite a bit less than £250 round trip but depends on day and time, and they won't have May dates available until much later in the year .

HTH!

Gobbledigook Thu 30-Jun-05 12:47:58

Thanks Tabitha and JanH - I've found a charter flight for £179 each on airline-network.com

Looks like we'll have to wait till much nearer the time for flights.

lemonice Thu 30-Jun-05 12:49:08

ds has flown with my travel lite in July last year, he's been since then as well I think but i can't remember when for about £80.00 return

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now