Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Taking 14week old to Sardinia on Saturday - worried about heat

(7 Posts)
bonym Wed 29-Jun-05 20:58:43

That's it really. Forecast says it's going to be up to 90 and we are bit worried that she will cope with the heat. Can anyone reassure me or offer any suggestions other than the obvious ones of staying in the shade/using fans.

bonym Wed 29-Jun-05 20:59:17

That should be 'won't cope well with the heat"

beansontoast Wed 29-Jun-05 21:09:49

my sis says....
that the only thing that saved her and her brood from suffering from the heat during a hot summer in italy was to drive to the woods in an air conditioned car!
you can get evian in an aerosol can,when chilled and then kept in a cool bag its lovely.good luck x

bonym Thu 30-Jun-05 09:19:26

Hmm - thanks beansontoast! Not sure if dd1 would be too impressed at spending her whole holiday in the woods though! I have bought some evian spray funnily enough so will make sure to pack it!

mommie Thu 30-Jun-05 13:13:07

hi; we went to Sardinia in July and it is quite breezy cos it is an island. I think you will be fine with a sunshade tent for the babe, and an air conditioned car. It's a fab place. Truly beautiful and amazingly unspoiled. You will have a lovely time.

ninah Thu 30-Jun-05 13:14:34

we are going to Alghero end of July, can't wait! are you anywhere near there bonym?

bonym Thu 30-Jun-05 14:26:14

thanks mommie - that is reassuring. We have both a/c car & sun tent!
ninah - we are going to Chia in the south of the island -not sure if that is anywhere near Alghero?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now