Talk

Advanced search

The perfect gite/cottage in Normandy/Brittany?

(11 Posts)
winniewoo Sun 26-Jun-05 20:52:54

Anyone help? Three DS's under 5 and looking to book a week early next year. To be geared up for the under-fives is pretty essential. Thanks in advance!

lucy5 Sun 26-Jun-05 21:22:00

havent got one in particular but I used to use brittany ferries gites, they have some lovely gites with good descriptions, Weve stayed in some really child friendly ones with games rooms, equipment, toys bikes tennis sets etc

lapsedrunner Mon 27-Jun-05 07:22:53

The one I really liked was pre ds and not child friendly (large pond and steep open stairs)! I always book direct via www.gites-de-france.fr and have never been disapointed, always go for the 3 "ears of corn" standard.

sallycinnamon Mon 27-Jun-05 15:51:36

We have had 2 really excellent holidays with VFB. They have a huge brochure with loads of choice. Although we stayed in the Dordogne they have properties all over.

Cybermum Mon 27-Jun-05 17:26:58

Another vote for VFB. We had 3 good spring holidays with them in Brittany when dd1 was under 5.

fishfinger Mon 27-Jun-05 17:32:32

Id do a keycamp with three boys
we have three boys abd they LOVED this sort of holiday
we had a three bed mobile home!

winniewoo Mon 27-Jun-05 20:37:27

bumpity bump

bighug Mon 27-Jun-05 21:50:19

We've stayed twice with Welcome Cottages in France, once in October 04, and then Easter this year. Reasonably priced. This one(hope link works)\link{http://www.welcomecottages.com/uce/welu?lang=en&view=details&action=referenceSearch&cottageRef=W10339¤cy=26} was the best of the two houses and the best location - beautiful sea views from one side of the house - but a long drive from Cherbourg (we couldn't get a ferry closer). Have a look their website anyway, it's got a good availibility search thing and it's lovely having a browse!

bighug Mon 27-Jun-05 21:51:41

b**ger link did not work. Have a look at www.welcomecottages.com and search for property reference W10339.

oatcake Mon 27-Jun-05 21:52:53

VFB as already mentioned, inlaws have used them annually for years now. We've used them twice.

Also, I don't know if gites de france have a website but they're fab and you pass what seems like every few miles in france.

husband used to do canvas holidays with his parents when he was young (posh camping). he loved it.

Tetley Mon 27-Jun-05 21:56:33

I've used French Connections a couple of times - they're privately owned gites & also have a link to a place for discounted ferry crossings. Always been very reasonable.

Also this year we used Brittany Bound who were also good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now