Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Nice in October?

(2 Posts)
Rowlers Sun 26-Jun-05 13:03:46

Friends have an apartment there and are happy for us to make use of it.
DD will be 17 months old by then - still in a cot no doubt - so not sure it is such a good idea as we'd have oodles of stuff to lug with us.
That aside, anyone been?
Is there lots to do?
How warm is it in October? Still OK for trips to the beach?
Any advice appreciated!

mogwai Sun 26-Jun-05 17:35:58

sorry I don't know how warm it will be. We went at the end of March this year, it was round about 20 degrees, some days warmer. Mainly sunny, bit of rain the last couple of days.

We had never been there before, both fell in love with the place. The beach is stony though.

The old town is great - little lanes to wander around. You can get the train to lots of other places - we went to Cannes, Antibes and Monaco. We also got a bus to Eze and climbed up to the exotic garden (in the medieval village). I'd recommend taking the bus to St Paul de Vence (it goes from the main bus station), a lovely little place.

Villefranche sur mer looked delightful - we only passed through on the train and we were going home next day, otherwise we would have gone there too - about 5 mins by train. I think there would be some nice walks along Cap st Jean Ferrat (think that's what it's called). I'd recommend you buy the Lonely planet guide to Provence - we found it quite helpful.

Hope you all have a nice time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now