Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Butlins at Bognor? We're off tomorrow for a week!!!

(10 Posts)
Nbg Sun 26-Jun-05 12:58:35

We're off tomorrow, don't really know what to expect.

Is it really cheesy and will there be plenty of things to entertain my 20 month old?

We're planning to go to Arundel Castle, Brighton and Portsmouth but is there any other nice attractions we can see whilst we're there?

hercules Sun 26-Jun-05 13:03:30

Went for a day once, never again. Sorry, probably not what you wanted

Nbg Sun 26-Jun-05 13:05:05

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

OMG, Why? What's so bad?

hercules Sun 26-Jun-05 13:06:43

Lots of people recommended it to us but tbh we found it grubby, tacky and hugely overpriced. Full of amusement arcade type things and the swimming pool was dirty.

noddyholder Sun 26-Jun-05 13:07:14

I have been for a freebie and went home early I didn't really like it but kids do and if you are doing trips out in sussex it would be a perfect base Take your own food as the little shop is expensive and limited Have fun

Nbg Sun 26-Jun-05 13:13:31

The only reason we booked was because it was £190 for a deluxe apartment for a week. Alot cheaper than booking a hotel.

I did go to the one in Skegness a few years ago and that was rammy to say the least!

Oh well, just have to get out a bit.

NoPearls Sun 26-Jun-05 13:22:03

Never been in Butlins - because I live in Bognor! It's had money thrown at it in recent years, but no idea if it's pleasant inside or not. Lots of local attractions to get out and about to and the weather is lovely and sunny here at the moment so hope you have a good time!!

calpopscalum Sun 26-Jun-05 13:25:50

HI there
We went to Butlins at Minehead at the end of May - were recommended by a friend and it was cheap (used tesco vouchers). have to say it was very tacky and there were a few 'dodgy' types about but the kids adored it!!!!! they went to every single Bob the Builder show and we were never out of Bob's yard!! they loved the pool (it was clean at Minehead!) and all the puppet shows, kids discos etc. I wouldn't choose to go there on a holiday without the kids as it is not my kinda place -like a giant amusement arcade and the eating places aren't great - pizza hut was the best! BUT as I said the kids (2 and 3 - we went 2 days after my dd turned 2 ) loved it all and we went back to the apartment in the evenings after kiddy disco and chilled out away from the rammy that was the evening entertainment programme!
Hope you enjoy it

hercules Sun 26-Jun-05 13:27:37

It was 5 years since we went.

Nbg Sun 26-Jun-05 13:31:30

Well we won't be going to the entertainment. It'll be meal, walk and then back to the apartment.

Hope the pools ok because we'll probably spend most of our time in it when we're there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now