Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Puerto Pollensa - Where to stay wth a 3yr old and 1yr old?

(11 Posts)
jenthehen Sat 25-Jun-05 22:19:37

Puerto sounds ideal for little ones, can you reccomend where to stay?

jenthehen Sat 25-Jun-05 22:58:26

anyone?

KathH Sun 26-Jun-05 07:19:15

we stayed in a thompson superfamily when kids were 6, 3 and 2 and it was really good. will try and find the name of it or were you thinking more of a villa?

katierocket Sun 26-Jun-05 07:38:27

do a search on previous threads, there are quite a few on pollensa. We've been twice. personally I prefer a villa so we got one through James Villas and booked flights via BMI baby.

jenthehen Sun 26-Jun-05 09:53:46

I do like villas but paricularly in a complex so the children have someone to play with. Would any you have stayed i fit this description?

celtic66 Sun 26-Jun-05 16:35:16

We alway stay at the Playa Mar which is the end of Pine walk. great for kids of all ages good high standards.Its in the Thompsons super family

triplets Sun 26-Jun-05 19:41:13

Hi,
We have been going for over 18yrs! We prefer apts, but you might like to stay in the Villa Concha complex, or Puerto Azul, don`t stay at the Club del Sol, or Habitat apts. lots of facilities but a long way to the beach and centre! Have a look at this website, realy goood for finding accomodation.
www.puertopollensa.com

jenthehen Sun 26-Jun-05 21:05:04

Thanks all I will take a look at these and hopefully find some availabiliy, I could really do with a holiday.

alexsmum Sun 26-Jun-05 21:20:35

we have just come back from puerto pollensa.we stayed at the hobby club apartments which are right on the beach.apartments quite small but clean and comfortable.nice pool and staff friendly especially one of the barmen who was just lovely with the kids.lots of people stay at pollensa park which is a big hotel but its half board and the food is not good and the dining room hot and crowded.
i agree with post saying don't go to club del sol-looks lovely but miles away from anywhere.
the town itself is great-ideal with kids.as well as pinewalk there is a nice square with restaraunts round the outside and all the kids play in the centre.
only been back two weeks-feel like i never went! wish i was there now!

cas73 Mon 27-Jun-05 19:53:26

We just came back from puerto pollensa with a 2.5 and a 16 month old. We stayed at the pollensa club resort which is about 2 miles away from P. Pollensa (some could argue in the middle of nowhere...) and although on the beachfront, there is practically no beach. BUT I would definetely recommend it as the hotel complex is absolutely lovely, it has lots of sporty things for adults as well as a spa, it has amazing grounds and gardens (everything is arranged in low rise bungalows) with little ponds around (fenced). Holiday came with car included so it was only 2min drive to a v nice beach and we also explored the island a bit. Plus the hotel is very child friendly (once I counted 26 buggies parked outside the restaurand - although not noisy at all) and has free childcare and a minidisco on most nights which is a big hit with kids. We went through Sovereign, although to be honest, if we went again I would probably book hotel car and flights myself, as didn't find tour operator useful in anything else.
here

LIZS Thu 11-Aug-05 20:47:17

Thinking of the Pollentia Club for half term with ds, 7, and dd ,4 - has any one else been since these and got anything to add ?

For example, can you fit a family of 4 comfortably in the rooms and is half board worth it ? How good/bad is the local beach for sandcastles, a bit of a stroll and a paddle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now