Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do you take to keep your 5yo amused in car/plane?

(12 Posts)
jodee Fri 24-Jun-05 20:50:40

we're on hols in 4 weeks, with ds's cousins 8yo and 6yo, and I just know they will be taking gameboys to keep them quiet at the airport/on the plane - I'm just wondering if I should succumb and get him one (an over-indulgence? Gameboy SP advance is about £70).

I was going to take sticker books/pencils/activity books, etc., anyway, but just wondered what was on your list of essentials for keeping kids amused whilst travelling?

I need to keep my sanity, this will be the first time we've done Gatwick Airport on the first day of the summer holidays - arrgh!

essbee Fri 24-Jun-05 20:51:48

Message withdrawn

essbee Fri 24-Jun-05 20:52:20

Message withdrawn

jodee Fri 24-Jun-05 20:57:36

Hi Essbee! £30!! Blimey that's good, it worked ok? (I've never bought electrical goods on ebay). Am off to have a look now.

happymerryberries Fri 24-Jun-05 21:05:17

Mine bothe love their gb, (aged 8 and 5). Has made long journeys far easier

essbee Fri 24-Jun-05 21:15:33

Message withdrawn

Orinoco Fri 24-Jun-05 21:17:58

Message withdrawn

Nightynight Fri 24-Jun-05 21:36:35

boxing gloves for my 4

puska Fri 24-Jun-05 21:41:37

i recently did an 18hr flight with my 4yr old ds - I bit the bullet and invested in a leapster leappad too - it really kept him busy - would thoroughly recommend a decent set of headphones which wont keep falling out! We also took trump cards. good luck

jodee Fri 01-Jul-05 20:22:11

Thank you for all these replies, we have got a LeapPad but I think they are rather bulky for going on a plane (quite fancy a Leapster tho .. )but am getting a Gameboy - thanks to a very kind Mumsnetter who is selling me one very cheaply!

DEE747 Sat 23-Jul-05 15:48:53

A cassette walkman with story tapes has always been a godsend for my lot, with headphones!

PopsP Tue 26-Jul-05 11:52:37

When we took our 3 year old to Oz, we bought lots of cheap little toys(puzzles, books, sticker sets etc) and wrapped them up. Then every hour or so, when he seemed to be getting bored we would pull another one out and let him open it. We then put most of it in the bin at the airport - he was so busy with the holiday that he never missed any of it.
If you can try to keep a game or leapad book as a suprise for the journey home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now