Talk

Advanced search

Am going to Paris for the wkend next fri...

(17 Posts)
ebbie22 Thu 23-Jun-05 18:36:46

Any advice on what Is best to do,just the two of us....Thanks i.a

ebbie22 Thu 23-Jun-05 18:54:12

ne one?

sammac Thu 23-Jun-05 19:00:40

We had lunch up the Eiffel Tower which was lovely, you get to skip all the people queuing and go through a special entereance. Worth trying, we even got a window table. Not as pricy as you would think either. Also you can got up at night and have dinner, which is a bit pricier. We then got a boat from right outside to go back down to Nortre Dame area.

ebbie22 Thu 23-Jun-05 19:11:55

That sounds lovely..Not sure where we are staying yet or what is included as with dh work....Havent looked up anything on paris yet..

sammac Thu 23-Jun-05 19:24:51

I think you would have to book it though- check the web site, it has the number to call. On Saturdays and Sundays there are lots of little neighbourhood markets which are great fun to explore. Avoid the Champs Elysee on Sunday afternoons, it is very busy and not very exciting, full of cinemas and folks queuing up to get in. Don't know what it is like on other days. Some huge dept stores to explore and you get a good view if you go up onto the rooftops of Galleries Lafayette. And take a look at the domed ceiling in their makeup dept.

fishfinger Thu 23-Jun-05 19:37:46

loads of threads on this if oyu do an archived search

ebbie22 Thu 23-Jun-05 20:09:07

thank you guys,how much is it to go to the eiffle tower?

ebbie22 Wed 29-Jun-05 18:21:59

Am staying n the millennium paris opera hotel,has anyone been or stayed in it?

MrsGordonRamsay Wed 29-Jun-05 18:22:43

At Paris

ebbie22 Wed 29-Jun-05 18:38:21

Y have you been before?

MrsGordonRamsay Wed 29-Jun-05 19:00:23

Yes but it was a hens weekend so dont ask me to remember too much about it.

The Muse Dorsay is lovely and the best tip I was given was to go to the top and work your way down, that way you are doing a sponsored shuffle with every one else.

ebbie22 Thu 30-Jun-05 08:49:05

thank you...I will bear that in mind..lol

Skribble Fri 01-Jul-05 01:53:49

We went on one of the river boats, DH slept most of the time and I got uptight due to large party of English school kids who manage to sit on every part of the boat . I found it a bit boring and prefered to explore the streets on foot and happily got lost every day.

jenweber630 Sun 03-Jul-05 22:20:56

MUST do a night river trip on the sienne - pre- or proceeded with a crepe from near the eiffel tower. Notre Dame is so cool, the Musee D'Orsay is amazing, so is the L'Orangerie which is close to the entrance of the Louvre and has the Monet Waterlilies... Anyway, have a great time - we're going to be going in August and it will be my hubby and ds's first time.

galaxy Sun 03-Jul-05 22:24:31

We went for a day on the way back from our holidays and did the Eiffel Tower. I think it was about 12 euros for an adult and 7 or 8 for a child. Extremely busy and be prepared to be in a massive queue shuffling round going from one floor's lift to the next.

Did the river trip in the evening which was fun and will definately go back without the children to explore the real Paris.

Champs Elysee was boarded up and a bit of a disappointment.

kama Sun 03-Jul-05 22:28:25

Message withdrawn

ebbie22 Tue 05-Jul-05 20:56:31

Thank you all for the advice,unfortantly We went early fri morn so only just read the other comments but did have aa fantasic time,although a little pricey at times xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now