Talk

Advanced search

ALCUDIA , Majorca. Where is the old town in relation to Alcudia?

(4 Posts)
beatie Thu 23-Jun-05 08:15:17

We're thinking of booking a villa which is 10 minutes walk from Alcudia old town. Is there much to do in the old town in the evnings and how much further do we need to walk to the main Alcudia port?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

triplets Thu 23-Jun-05 11:23:44

Hi Beatie,
You need to find out exactly where the villa is in relation to the old town, it could be on the road to Puerto Pollensa, or into the countryside, if you are going in the summer hols you would not want to walk as the roads are very busy and its too hot! The old town apart from the city walls is not very inspiring, not much to do at all, the port of Alcudia is literally straight down the road but it is a LONG road and again not reall y walkable. Alcudia port is very busy, lots of nightlife, if thats what you want. It does have a fantastic beach, but far far better is to go to Puerto Pollensa next door, fantastic family place!

LouBeeLou Thu 23-Jun-05 12:56:43

We weren't too inpressed with Alcudia old town, like triplets says there's not much to do. We went on market day and the stall holders were to pushiest I have ever seen! We stayed in Alcudia, but about an hour's walk from the old town so we decided to get a bus in. THE MOST scariest bus ride I have ever taken! They packed us in like sardines with hardly anywhere to hold on to, and it was roasting hot and you got jerked around all over the place!

So I'd give the old town a miss if I were you!

Hope you enjoy your hols x

beatie Thu 23-Jun-05 14:43:30

I really appreciate your views on this. I had my suspicions by the way the villa blurb was worded. I have been to Alcudia before but about 14 years ago.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: