Talk

Advanced search

Majorca - villa or apartment?

(7 Posts)
Pam70 Wed 22-Jun-05 23:13:07

I'm trying to book accommodation in Majorca for dh, ds (4 yrs) and dd (10 months) for a week.

Can't decide between a small villa or an apartment - thought apartment might be better because there might be other families about and children for ds to play with but then again worried that apartment complex might be noisy.

Has anyone any recommendations for accommodation in Majorca? perhaps somewhere with a children's play area?

We've booked our flights and just need accommodation (leaving 9th July).

Many thanks

triplets Wed 22-Jun-05 23:29:23

Hi Pam,
We have just come back from Puerto Pollensa in the north, been going for years and just love it, I have been all over the island and it is just the best place to stay, lots of Mumnetters I know love it too. There is a brilliant website
puertopollensa.com
through there you can view lots of selfcatering options, there are so many villas and apts to choose from, bear in mind that most villas are on the outskirts and so you need to drive everywhere. We rented a townhouse with a garden, right in the centre of town and a minutes walk to the beautiful beach. Let me know if you need any help.

LouBeeLou Thu 23-Jun-05 12:51:36

We've just stayed in Alcudia which is north east. We had a sc apartment in the Bellevue resort. The resort on a whole was a bit chavvy but the apartment was lovely and clean and had everything we needed.

There was plenty to do in the resort, loads of swimming pools, a play area, and we were two minutes walk from the main streets where there were lots of chil-friendly restaurants, and ten minutes walk from the beach which was lovely.

I didn't notice any excessive noise, and there were loads of other familes with kids that DD played with. BTW DD is 7, also took my sis who is 15.

I hope you have a lovely holiday, whereever you decide to stay!

Pam70 Thu 23-Jun-05 20:34:24

Blast! Booked the flights last night on a website and had the website ring me this morning to tell me flights no longer available so have had to re-think whole holiday.

Thanks for the information anyway.

triplets Fri 24-Jun-05 22:13:21

could you fly from Manston in Kent, they have seats to Palma?

Pam70 Sat 25-Jun-05 00:10:15

I'm in Belfast - would be too much of a trek to get to Kent with kids and DH plus luggage in tow!

We booked a week in Sicily instead.

Thanks!

triplets Sun 26-Jun-05 19:43:33

I spent 10 days in Sicily whilst Harry`s ship was out there being refitted. Unless you would be spooked by it go and see the catacombs in Palermo, fascinating place, Harry ran out!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now