Talk

Advanced search

Child friendly hotels in London

(9 Posts)
Mccasa Wed 22-Jun-05 22:51:41

Can anyone recommend a good child friendly hotel in London - fairly central would be good. Also has anyone used a hotel babysitting service?

Basically my dh and I are hoping to take our first holiday since ds was born in March 2004, would like to stay in a child friendly hotel and would like to go to one of the Proms (without ds). Any hotel suggestions would be very welcome

Thanks

tamum Wed 22-Jun-05 22:54:24

If you don't mind splashing out (I mean it, mind!) then 22 Jermyn St is good and very central. They do babysitting, either their own staff or they will book you someone through an agency.

Mccasa Wed 22-Jun-05 22:59:23

Mmmmm, exactly what I had in mind. Unfortunately my DH might be thinking of something a little less expensive. I will keep this link for the future though.

Thanks very much.

tamum Wed 22-Jun-05 23:01:22

You're welcome It might be worth having a look at the Good Hotel Guide; they have a child-friendly bit. I'm sure I saw several in there, I think around Kensington.

Mccasa Wed 22-Jun-05 23:04:38

tamum, have you ever used a babysitting service? In theory it sounds like a great idea but what is it like in practice? I wonder what kind of screening process they have for the babysitters?

tamum Wed 22-Jun-05 23:07:32

I haven't actually, though we did consider it when we were there at Easter (plans disrupted somewhat by ds going to hospital!). I would actually have felt quite confident with the staff there who were all lovely, but I guess if my children were very young I would have been a bit more cautious. I think they said they could use Sitters, which I know lots of people on here use, so maybe other hotels have a similar arrangement?

LouBeeLou Thu 23-Jun-05 13:02:21

Hi Mccasa

DP, DD (then 6) and I stayed in a lovely hotel in Westminster, just aroud the corner from Victoria station.

I think it was called the Quality Hotel. We paid about £140 room only for a family room.

HTH x

Cybermum Thu 23-Jun-05 13:47:32

As an alternative to a hotel you can have a 1 bedroon apartment . Citadines have places a holburn, Trafalgar Square and..... Probably slightly more than some cheaper hotels but you get a small kitchen (hob, fridge, microwave and dishwasher) so you can make your own breakfast and snacks rather than pay hotel prices. We've used them 2 or 3 times. Only problem is that dds have the double bed and we end up with the sofa bed!!

Quacks Thu 23-Jun-05 15:40:23

We've just booked the Grange Hotel Holborn. They do great special offers. We got a family room for £85 per night at weekend. They do babysitting, haven;t used it yet. It's 5* too and has a roman style swimming pool. 5 mins walk from Covent Garden and a couple of mins form tube. The website is www.grangehotels.com. Click on special offers. I called though to get a family room.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: