Talk

Advanced search

Property Websites for Italy or Spain

(15 Posts)
spacedonkey Wed 22-Jun-05 14:49:14

I want to check out property prices in Italy and Spain, but when I do google searches it comes up with so much dross it's impossible to trawl through it all ... does anyone know of any good websites featuring a decent selection of property for sale?

something similar to La Porta Verde ?

Janh Wed 22-Jun-05 15:07:48

Can't help, sorry, but is this for you, sd???
[nosy]

How are you btw? Long time no see!

Chandra Wed 22-Jun-05 15:09:21

Rightmove.co.uk may help you to get a better idea. Though I wouldn't trust property websites for property abroad as you can never be sure why something is low/high valued until you see the location yourself. AS a general rule, something that looks unexpensive in out-of-London's-prices parameters has most of the times a down side (inaccessible, in the middle of nowhere, no facilities, or in a really bad area).

spacedonkey Wed 22-Jun-05 15:10:09

well, maybe, sort of, one day - oh ok then, i'm planning for the day i do a runner

hellooo jan - getting better here, how are you?

spacedonkey Wed 22-Jun-05 15:11:06

thanks chandra

i just want to get a rough idea of property prices in different areas

Chandra Wed 22-Jun-05 15:13:07

Where in Spain (we have been having a look so I may be of help )

spacedonkey Wed 22-Jun-05 15:15:03

am interested in prices around barcelona way - both city properties and places up and down the coast towards girona or even further north

whereabouts are you looking chandra? have you found anywhere yet?

spacedonkey Wed 22-Jun-05 15:24:30

but I'm more interested in Italy - especially comparing prices on Med coast with similar on Adriatic - i'm guessing the adriatic is cheaper but i'm not sure

Chandra Wed 22-Jun-05 15:47:44

Not familiar with BArcelona but this may help

spacedonkey Mon 27-Jun-05 14:44:06

chandra, thank you, that's brilliant

Tinker Mon 27-Jun-05 14:50:53

But Roberto lives in Liverpool sd

gingerbear Mon 27-Jun-05 14:51:05

Hello SD, long time - no Italian. Spanish now then huh?
I have wondered often...Why do most Spanish properties have an enormous laundry sink in the utility room?? The apartment we have just returned from even had a washboard type thing to one side - but an automatic washing machine too.

spacedonkey Mon 27-Jun-05 14:52:43

tinker - ok so roberto is in liverpool, but in italy THERE'S A WHOLE COUNTRY FULL OF ROBERTOS!

i would prefer italy, but dp wants to look at spain as well

spacedonkey Mon 27-Jun-05 14:53:42

gingerbear, i'm signing up for an italian evening class, i haven;t got the discipline to do it by myself - how are you getting on with it?

gingerbear Mon 27-Jun-05 15:17:19

I think I will have to do the same SD, but having just returned from a lovely part of Spain, I want to learn proper Spanish now too, not just my Collins Phrasebook 'Is there a campsite near here?' and 'My lightbulb is not working' (Why are phrasebooks so USELESS!!)

DH and I POSL at the AA phrasebook in the apartment. It had two full pages of chat-up lines from ' Hello, you have a beautiful smile' to 'Yes, lets do it but only if you wear a condom' and 'I am scared of getting AIDS'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now