Talk

Advanced search

Any ideas where we can marry next year?

(25 Posts)
mummy23 Tue 21-Jun-05 17:21:05

My DP and I want to get married abbroad next year and i would be grateful for any recomendations from you all?

We are planning on inviting all family as well so in total there will be approx 35-40 adults going and there children (approx 10 children).

We've been looking but cant decide so any experiences from getting married abbroad would be appreciated as well!

Any ideas will be appreciated and also if any of you have married abbroad, what company did you go with?

TIA

mummy23

jenkel Tue 21-Jun-05 17:43:31

A friend got married in Las Vegas, not sure it will appeal to me though

Think the Maldives would be wonderful, and some of the resorts are small so if your really lucky you and your wedding party may fill the resort. They typically only have 1 resort per island.

dyzzidi Tue 21-Jun-05 17:49:40

I'm getting married in Las Vegas in September. We chose it because we have been before and loved it! We are having a classy wedding at caesers palace nothing elvis type at all.

One of the things i had to think about was children going along and my fathers poor health.

Good luck with you decision should you want more info about a Vegas wedding let me know.

Ulysees Tue 21-Jun-05 17:56:27

We got married in Florida at a hotel 12 years ago and loved every minute. It was mainly because we loved Disney so much. We holidayed for 3 weeks including a tour of some other States. It was a Virgin holiday and they organised flowers etc.. but I don't know if I'd recommend Virgin nowadays as they seem to have gone downhill?

How exciting having family with you We went alone but that was what we wanted.

Linnet Tue 21-Jun-05 21:26:15

Dh and I got married in Banff, Canada, there was just dh, myself and dd1 we didn't take any family with us. We arranged the holiday through a travel agent, flights and hotel, then organised the wedding ourselves online.

It was great, so easy we had a great holiday and got married outside surrounded by fantastic scenery.

If you need a reccommendation for a Photographer, Marriage commisioner (sp?) and Florist in Banff, Canada just give me a shout.

anchovies Tue 21-Jun-05 21:29:06

My sister recently got married in Lindos in Rhodes. Would really recommend it. We all stayed in the Lindos Mare hotel, they organised everything and they were absolutely outstanding. By far the best hotel I have stayed in and the wedding was lovely, the whole thing was completely stress free.

sassi2004 Tue 21-Jun-05 21:54:38

Hi Mummy23, we got married in Mauritius 2002. Booked it with Kuoni, could not fault anything at all. We were treated like royalty, we did not want for nothing, beautiful hotel, staff were fantastic and so accommodating. I could go on and on but I won't ....you just had to be there. Anyway we are planning to go back on our 5th wedding anniversary with our DD and frankly I can't wait. Would be interesting to know what you decide keep us posted ok?

lucykatie Wed 22-Jun-05 14:14:40

hi friends of our got married in lindos, rhodes too, and yeah it was amazing......the best wedding we have ever been too.

the whole trip was great, the only down side for us was our hotel....the lindos bay...ok for pensioners!!!

our friends stayed in lindos memories hotel and that was......wow. out of this world.

the happy couple had loads of guests and the whole day and evening was magical.

Janbo25 Mon 18-Jul-05 22:06:31

hi i got married in cyprus and loads of us went if you want more info email me at grantusb@nildram.co.uk

Twiglett Mon 18-Jul-05 22:19:29

I got married in Florence .. it was superb .. we had 30 or so guests, including children .. fabulous food, incredibly romantic setting

check out weddingsabroad.com .. they were great

Skribble Mon 18-Jul-05 22:24:38

35 to 40 guests will cost a fortune to fly abroad, unless all paying own. What about a romantic scotish castle, you could probably afford Skibo Castle for the cost of 40 flights

Janbo25 Tue 19-Jul-05 08:19:22

I booked our holiday through weddingsabroad to they were fantastic, I've still got oads of info if you are interested??

mummy23 Tue 19-Jul-05 23:24:51

yes please Janbo, i would be very greatful, i've tried to CAT you but you dont accepted them!

mummy23 Tue 19-Jul-05 23:26:24

everyone will be paying for there own holiday, we are paying for the wedding and the after party, but also people have offered to pay towards the after party! We was hoping to book a few villas for us to stay in but not sure if we will be able to do that yet?

Skribble Wed 20-Jul-05 01:32:04

Thats not so bad if they are all paying for own holiday and can get away on the same date. The chances of my family all getting the same time off and happy to pay to go to a certain place would be very slim.

BridetobeFlum Wed 20-Jul-05 02:44:57

Curtain Bluff in Antigua is amazingly gorgeous and all inclusive. It is a bit pricey though so unless your most comfortabley off then off season is best.

we got engaged there and it was full of honeymooners and just idylllic.

all inclusive including: champagne (all day everyday - ahhhhhhhhhhh), scuba diving, crashing waves to lull you to sleep, deep sea fishing, tennis blah blah blah.

Janbo25 Wed 20-Jul-05 08:16:39

what does CAT mean??

mummy23 Wed 20-Jul-05 09:33:44

CAT means-contact another seller.

I have to contact mumsnet and they contact you on my behalf!
The message should be sent to your emails!

Janbo25 Wed 20-Jul-05 10:08:50

not received a message but you can email me direct if you wish grantusb@nildram.co.uk

Hulababy Wed 20-Jul-05 13:02:46

DH and I got married at Shimba Hills Lodge at Shimba Hills National Reserve, in Kenya.

It is a smallish reserve within close driving distance of the beaches South of Mombassa.

It was really lovely. We started off by walking together through the little walkway to where our wedding ceremonmy would be held - through the trees and bushes, hearing the animal and bird noises in background. We then had the ceromony on a wooden terrace at the far end of the lodge, witht he safari reserve in the background.

Afterwards we ate our meal over looking the watering hole, and then stayed in the large honeymoon suite in the lidge - had sitting room, bedroom and bathroom and two fantastic long balconies overlooking the reserve.

We actually went on our own, no family, etc. but it was lovely and there would be room for guests. I would then send them all back after the evening safari (can go in your wedding clothes!) to a beach hotel too.

We booked the whole package - wedding, beach holiday and safari drives through Somak.

jibberjabber Wed 20-Jul-05 13:06:25

What about Prague?

Don't have to spend a fortune and you'll be treated like royalty. Loads of friends and family came to ours as it was so affordable and close.

We had the time of our lives.

Janbo25 Wed 20-Jul-05 17:53:01

decision, decisions, lol, like i mentioned earlier please feel free to email me i have info and pics etc.

mummy23 Wed 20-Jul-05 22:10:11

Yes, i am still interested.

Would be very greatful for all the info you have.
Can you send it to me at:

grahamandcarrie@blueyonder.co.uk

Thank you so much.

WestCountryLass Wed 20-Jul-05 22:22:09

We got married in Sri Lanka and our theme was the Owl and The Pussycat and it was just heavenly!

Unfortunately the hotel we married in (The Triton) was badly damaged by the Tsunami but it is set to reopen in January 06.

Janbo25 Fri 22-Jul-05 08:52:34

did you get my email mummy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now