Talk

Advanced search

PARIS

(16 Posts)
ouioui2 Mon 20-Jun-05 23:28:10

Thinking of going to Paris with my 8 month old. Is it baby friendly? If anyone has been with a baby, can you please suggest places to go/things to do.

Skribble Mon 20-Jun-05 23:31:37

The metro is nearly impossible with a pram. Sorry my kids are older so no other tips I'm afraid.

ouioui2 Mon 20-Jun-05 23:36:49

Hi Skribble - I did think of that (metro)so figure I would have to walk everywhere as it is too hot for a sling! All the info I have found says paris is great with kids - haven't found any info for babies.

Skribble Mon 20-Jun-05 23:42:44

It really depends what you need for baby. If going with a parnter you could manage on a metro if one carries baby and one the buggy. It would have to be a light weight one. Many stations have a bigger luggage turnstile but not all and you have to get the attention of the ticket seller in their box. to open it.

ouioui2 Tue 21-Jun-05 11:44:55

Anyone???

ouioui2 Tue 21-Jun-05 20:11:59

?

fishfinger Wed 22-Jun-05 19:38:59

i went when ds1 was a year
they loved him " vraiment mignon" htey said - cfes loved hima dn there are parks everywhere
BUY the metro is not buggy freindly - get a very light one!

fishfinger Wed 22-Jun-05 19:39:09

BUT I meant

fishfinger Wed 22-Jun-05 19:39:39

anyway the baby wont care what he does as long as he is with you
grab it while you can imo

roisin Wed 22-Jun-05 19:44:16

or stay very centrally and don't go on the metro at all

roisin Wed 22-Jun-05 19:46:17

Go for it! I envy you. With a little baby you can do just about anything you would as an adult.

We took the boys last year (5 and 7) and had a fabulous time. They were very tolerant and patient in the art galleries, but it was still a very different choice of activities than we would have made sans enfants.

hoxtonchick Wed 22-Jun-05 19:53:05

the metro is inaccesible, but the buses are great for buggies.

Skribble Wed 22-Jun-05 23:34:34

I agree that this is a holiday for you, so do the things you want to do and baby will be happy just being with you.

It will just mean more planning, for instance no way can you get a buggy up the Eiffel Tower.

Decide what you want to do and I'm sure we can advise on accesibility.

swedishmum Wed 22-Jun-05 23:44:13

I took 3 children when they were just3, just 1 and 2 months while dh was on a business trip - it was my birthday "treat" - ha ha I've learned a lot since then. I remember the hotel staff being fantastic, but have memories of pushing a double buggy over cobbles with dd underneath as well. We stayed just off Champs Elysees so didn't try public transport. Actually it was great. When we went to Venice last year the baby carrier was the best bit of equipment - made getting around easier. One of us had that and the other a light buggy.
You'll have great fun - make the most of that kind of holiday before the baby starts running around.

mogwai Thu 23-Jun-05 08:09:42

Go in August - the whole place is on holiday so the metro is quieter

swedishmum Thu 23-Jun-05 23:55:18

There's an article aboout Paris with kids in this month's Junior.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: