Talk

Advanced search

WATERLOO to Old Street ? best way to get there...

(8 Posts)
MaryAnnSingleton Tue 10-Nov-09 10:15:26

please ! and how long do you reckon it'd take ? thanks !

bibbitybobbityhat Tue 10-Nov-09 10:17:02

South to Kennington on northern line. Then take city branch (via Bank) to Old Street. Allow 40 mins.

Housemum Tue 10-Nov-09 10:40:11

or bus number 243 from back of station to Old St Station takes about 25 mins - easy if you have a buggy, unless it's packed you can wheel it straight on. If you have older kids, tube as above is easy. The website TFL is great for getting around London.

MaryAnnSingleton Tue 10-Nov-09 10:41:32

thanks - it's only me travelling think I'll tube it grin

covycrump Tue 10-Nov-09 10:41:36

More direct would be to take the Waterloo and City Line from Waterloo to Bank (that's the only place it goes - it's a shuttle between the two stations). Then it's just two stops on the Northern Line to Old Street Station. Allow 20 mins. W&C Line doesn't run late evenings during the week, after 6pm or so on Saturdays, and not at all on Sundays though.

If you aren't a tube fan the 243 bus goes all the way there and goes through such interesting parts of London. The journey will be about 25 mins, and they're pretty frequent, but I'd allow 35 mins from your arrival at Waterloo all the same.

MaryAnnSingleton Tue 10-Nov-09 10:43:29

my tube planner says Jubilee to London Bridge and Northern to OS - 21 mins

covycrump Tue 10-Nov-09 10:50:44

Yup, you could do that too. Lots of options, depending on what tube lines are suspended when you travel!

MaryAnnSingleton Tue 10-Nov-09 10:57:24

thanks ! am going to a meeting - I'm a London girl originally but a bit vague about that end of the map...will allow time for errors/delays and nosing about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now