Talk

Advanced search

Flying with children - One to one ratio - What happens if you have more than two??

(5 Posts)
clairesparkle Mon 09-Nov-09 19:53:50

Not relevant to us yet, but it might be in the future as we're hoping to have three DCs (One DS so far!).

I was just looking at Virgin Atlantic's website and they say "one adult cannot travel with 2 children occupying 2 Infant/Child seats - In this case, another accompanying adult (14 plus) would need to also travel."

The infant/child seats are for children up to 6 years old, so it's possible you would have three children under 6, right? So there are only two adults (me and DH) - if we had three would we never be able to travel again?? Aaaggghhh!

Has anyone had experience of flying with three DCs? How does it work?

jkklpu Mon 09-Nov-09 19:57:23

I've flown on my own with 1 >2yo and 1<2yo, which must be harder than with 2 x >2yo who can understand more about what's going on.

Trifle Mon 09-Nov-09 19:57:40

This is regarding travelling with children 2 years old and under, ie infants. As infants have to be sat on an adult lap for take-off and landing, one adult cannot travel with 2 infants. If you had an infant and say a child of 3 then one adult could travel with both children as a 3 year old (and above) would not be sat on the parents lap for take-off and landing.

henryhuggins Mon 09-Nov-09 20:01:11

fly few times a year with 3 kids, often without dh

it's babies they are talking about when they don't have their own seat, that's all.

Milliways Thu 12-Nov-09 19:13:41

A lady I know had 2 sets of twins under 2, so when they flew out to Africa (work) the grandparents had to fly with them so they could all have a child on their lap!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now