Talk

Advanced search

has anyone been to Disneyland Paris whilst visibly pregnant?

(9 Posts)
GoldenGreen Mon 09-Nov-09 18:54:18

We are booking to go in March next year, when I will be around 30 weeks pregnant. I have been a few times so know what to expect with queues and rides etc, but most of the rides advise against pregnant women going on.

I think I know what will be safe for me, really, but was just wondering if anyone had been while pregnant, queued up and got turned away from any rides due to pregnancy? Or will they just let me ride at my own risk? thanks

henryhuggins Mon 09-Nov-09 18:56:06

why would you want to do this? surely if there is a risk, there is a risk?

GoldenGreen Mon 09-Nov-09 19:08:37

Well, I know some the rides really well (too well for a 34 year old woman, really) and I'm talking about ones that are probably gentler than the ride on Eurostar that will actually get us there, and certainly less risky than the motorway journey to London. So I think the "risk" is really just about covering their backs.

All I really wondered was if there is any point queueing up or will they be strict about not letting me on - if they are, so be it.

howdidthishappenthen Mon 09-Nov-09 19:11:27

Obviously this isn't in any way a recommendation, but I went to Universal Studios in California at 30wks, and totally failed to notice the signs on the rides til half way through the afternoon, with no noticable effects. A baggy fleece and a confident attitude, they'll just assume you're fat (esp if you fake an american accent and queue with a prop doughnot ))

Ewe Mon 09-Nov-09 19:12:11

I very much doubt they will let you on, it'd be a big liability risk and I doubt they would even allow disclaimers tbh.

What were you thinking of going on out of interest?

TheButterflyEffect Mon 09-Nov-09 19:18:08

Message withdrawn

GoldenGreen Mon 09-Nov-09 19:20:05

well, just been looking at the website, and looks like I'll be able to go on ds' favourites with him (things like Small World, Casey Jr, Snow White). Strongly advises against Pirates of the Caribbean, though I bet it would be ok, but I just won't go.

Wouldn't want to go on any "thrill" rides - I'm sure there is a risk there!

Thing is, I went to Disney in Florida a few years ago at 11 weeks pregnant, & I remember the signs advising against just about every ride. So I assumed it would be the same in Paris but perhaps not.

TheButterflyEffect Mon 09-Nov-09 19:25:36

Message withdrawn

GoldenGreen Mon 09-Nov-09 20:31:57

oh yes, I'll stay away from roller coasters! Seriously - not intending to do anything risky. I was sure that they had those warning signs up for the gentler rides, but possibly either the US is more risk averse, or I'm not remembering right. Looks like there'll be enough to do as a family smile

Nice to hear about the considerate treatment by staff, thanks - will stick bump out when necessary!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now