Talk

Advanced search

Romantic break - not too expensive

(5 Posts)
veryconfusedandupset Thu 05-Nov-09 15:12:26

I want to take DH away for a weekend for his birthday - somewhere within reasonably easy reach of Bristol. He likes walking and I though about a couple of days in some beautiful countryside and somewhere romantic to stay - perhaps a tiny cottge for 2, possibly a yurt or hideaway hotel. Don't have a large budget any suggestions?

chachachachacha Thu 05-Nov-09 15:16:09

this company will have exactly what you are looking for - we've stayed in a few of the properties and they are fantastic!

Tillyscoutsmum Thu 05-Nov-09 15:19:38

This place is really lovely. There are some beautiful walks direct from the door, fantastic food (and wines/ales etc) and nice rooms. Not especially a bargain but not massively expensive

veryconfusedandupset Thu 05-Nov-09 19:25:16

chaCha - have been to one of their cottages and yes, it was fantastic, might look at th etichy ones for this excursion. TSM - yes, that looks lovely and I might be able to persuade him we are just going for a walk and lunch - the it would be a surprise that we were staying. Thanks.

Drayford Thu 05-Nov-09 19:51:03

I've wanted to go to this place for ages, but never seem to find the time. I have friends who stayed there after the hotel inspector and they gave it 100%.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now