Talk

Advanced search

2 year old DD flight with a cold??

(9 Posts)
inzidoodle Wed 04-Nov-09 22:58:44

We are flying on Tuesday for a 2 week holiday to tenerife, but my DD has come down with a heavy cold sad it started on Sunday but she is still very choked and has a cough. Will it be safe for her to travel on Tuesday as I read it can be painful and dangerous for her ears or should I see a GP for a medical opinion. Or am I being a bit OTT and will probably be fine in another 6 days??

WWYD?

inzidoodle Wed 04-Nov-09 23:06:16

inzidoodle Wed 04-Nov-09 23:21:15

bumping for impatient me grin !!!

mumofsatan Thu 05-Nov-09 06:34:37

dose her up with as much medicine as you can (calpol etc) and hopefully she will be better.
Make sure she drinks on take off and landing and maybe get her ears checked out if possible before you go

inzidoodle Thu 05-Nov-09 09:18:19

thanks for the reply. She is still bad today, cant see any signs of this imrpoving quickly sad If she is better to fly I will get her ears checked on Monday...have a feeling we arent going to be going anywhere though sad

mumofsatan Thu 05-Nov-09 09:20:23

get yourself straight to the pharmacy and see what they suggest. Treat the cold and cough as much as you can and hopefully she will be ok to fly. If you really dose her up hopefully the cold will go, or at least clear up a bit and so hopefully her ears will be ok

inzidoodle Thu 05-Nov-09 09:27:29

never thought to try the pharmacist, will go down today and see what they suggest thanks smile

mumofsatan Thu 05-Nov-09 10:06:28

hope your DD gets better soon and you have a great holiday. Don't forget to ensure she swallows on take off and landing (particularly landing) so make sure she has a drink or sweets to hand.

inzidoodle Thu 05-Nov-09 12:39:36

thanks very much smile fingers crossed all will be well for Tuesday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now