Talk

Advanced search

Help me work out how to do this trip with an 18mo

(6 Posts)
franke Mon 02-Nov-09 11:17:39

I'm flying to London from Germany for a few days with 18mo ds. Ideally it will be me, him, McClaren Quest, 1 piece of luggage to check in, a stage 2 car seat to check in (hiring a car in London) and 1 handbag to take on board.

How do I do this? Or do I have to leave the car seat behind and pay through the nose to hire one?

Help me, I'm sleep deprived and can't see how to do it.

franke Mon 02-Nov-09 11:19:31

In case it's not clear, my issue is how to get everything from baggage reclaim to the hire car. At the moment it looks impossible if I take the car seat.

Lifeinagoldfishbowl Mon 02-Nov-09 11:22:40

Just put it on a trolley?

BertieBotts Mon 02-Nov-09 11:25:06

Hmm... (I assume you mean stage 1 carseat, ie 9 months-4 years, the hugest heaviest kind)

You need some kind of trolley you can put the carseat and pushchair in and sit DS on it. Unless you can get DS to walk (Reins?) or carry him hands-free (sling/backpack carrier?) and use the pushchair as a trolley for the carseat, if it will fit in.

What does he weigh? Is there any way he would still fit into an infant carseat?

franke Mon 02-Nov-09 12:28:26

Thanks for the replies. Yes, that's the seat I mean Bertie. I'm not sure I can push a trolley with everthing on it and carry ds at the same time - that's my problem. I need a supermarket trolley really that I can sit ds in and put all the luggage in! Now the backpack is a good idea - I hadn't though of it. I've got a couple of months so maybe I'll do a dry run and see how I manage. Thanks smile

displayuntilbestbefore Mon 02-Nov-09 12:31:26

Don't take a car seat on the flight - it'll get bashed about in the plane and couldn't be guaranteed safe to use afterwards. The car hire firm will be able to sort a car seat when you get to London.
Worth paying a bit extra for the car hire company to provide a car seat rather than having yours damaged during the flight IMO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now