Talk

Advanced search

Summer holiday with 3yo and 5mo

(3 Posts)
bryony77 Mon 02-Nov-09 11:05:55

I'm expecting DC2 next Feb, when DD1 will be 3. We'd like to go away in June/July but not sure what is most likely to be best for everyone. With DD1 we went self catering to Torquay for a week in June which was good, but I'm worried that being somewhere in the UK with young baby and 3yo will be nightmare if weather bad.
On the other hand, not sure that doing a flight or longish car journey (spent last 2 summers on west coast of France near La Rochelle) is a crazy thing to do.
Would definitely prefer self catering, but also need to make sure DD1 will be occupied enough to enjoy it (and allow us to relax too!).
So, question is should be go for UK, France drive or flight somewhere - and if latter, then where? (definitely would want beach and pool if abroad)

WobblyPig Mon 02-Nov-09 21:55:32

I have a 3 year old and a 23 week old at the moment and although it depends ont he personalitites invovled I would opt for a sunhsiney holiday but not too hot. Minimal car time. When DS 2.10 and DD 3 months I went to Scotland via night train which was effortless btu problem was horrid weather when htere. DS 3 needs lots of physical out doorsey stuff so good weather v. important. DD just fitted in - as little ones esp. girls - seem to.

DanAtSiblu Tue 03-Nov-09 10:22:54

Message deleted

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now