Talk

Advanced search

Disney World Florida with a 15 month old

(9 Posts)
sandrahippo Thu 16-Jun-05 08:13:46

I am flying to Florida on Monday with a 15 month old (very active and playful) son! Any tips on how to get through the flight? Thanks a million for any advice.

koalabear Thu 16-Jun-05 08:23:15

hi - loads of tips on long haul flights with this age in the archives if you want to do some searches - one inparticular i'll try to track down for you - back in a tic

koalabear Thu 16-Jun-05 08:35:33

have a look at this

Linnet Thu 16-Jun-05 10:51:15

Koalabear, that link is not found. I'm interested to read this as I'm flying in October with a 16 month old.

Sandra please post after your holiday to let us know how you get on and to pass on some tips. You lucky people to be going already, I'm still counting the days

koalabear Thu 16-Jun-05 13:12:58

oops sorry
if you do a search it is under Travel, titled "flying with a very fidgety 1 yr old" dated 23 May 2005

in short my advice is:
1. take books and lots of little favourite toys that you can circulate - make sure there are a few new toys that haven't been played with before as surprises
2. take food and snacks - packets of raisons etc, as airline food for baby/toddlers is quite unpredictable
3. take a blanket, or something with a familier smell that they can snuggle down on you to sleep with
4. make sure they drink or eat / suck something on take off and landing to help regulate ear pressure - my son always has a bottle of milk - i've heard lollypops can be good for the older ones (even though I am against the sugar!)
5. pack your sense of humour - it's never going to be a relaxing flight where you watch the movie and have a glass of wine - expect to be exhausted and try to have a laugh about it
6. be really nice to those people sitting next to you - it's harder for them to gripe at you if you smile at them
7. don't be afraid to ask the stewards for things to help you - ITS THEIR JOB
8. don't be afraid to let you little one go for a wander/crawl/wriggle holding your hand - it keeps them entertained and stops them howling

koalabear Thu 16-Jun-05 13:14:34

oh, and the granddaddy of advice - remember, the flight will eventually end, so even if it all goes horribly wrong, you will get to get off the plane - there is always an end in sight

sandrahippo Tue 05-Jul-05 12:55:30

Well we have just returned from disneyworld having taken all of the advice. (Lots of toys, books, snacks etc) and the flights were a dream. We checked in VERY early and got the bulk head seats which gave B room to play by my feet and stand up. He slept a little and played lots. On the return journey we made up a bed on the floor by my feet (A little uncomfortable for me but great for him) and he slept most of the way. Thanks for all for the tips!!

sandrahippo Tue 05-Jul-05 12:58:12

Linnet, you will love it. Make sure you go to 'Its a small world', Pooh Bears ride, Disney Playhouse etc at Magic Kingdom. B also loved the kiddie area at Blizzard Beach. Good luck!!

oooggs Tue 05-Jul-05 13:05:41

The Disney water parks were DS (12mths when we went) favourite. What a hit!!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now