Talk

Advanced search

Retail parks/things to do near Alton Towers please?

(7 Posts)
perdu Sun 01-Nov-09 21:39:33

DD is off to Alton Towers tomorrow (TED day) and I am leaving her there with a friend (they are teenagers!) so I want to go off for a few hours and maybe find a retail park with places to eat that's not too far away (say within 30 mins drive)?

Do you have any ideas please?

thanks

perdu Sun 01-Nov-09 21:48:35

smile

perdu Sun 01-Nov-09 22:03:29

hello?

hocuspontas Sun 01-Nov-09 22:05:22

Can't remember how far it is now but Trentham Gardens was a good day out. It's an outlet centre with eateries and pleasant walks.

TurkeyLurkey Sun 01-Nov-09 22:08:13

Well your nearest towin is Ashbourne which is lovely. Lots of antique/knick knack shops though and posh clothes shops, although I think there is a Dorothy Perkins smile

Its nice to have a look round, not sure how long you could kill there though.

Other than that you could try Uttoxeter or Leek, bigger towns altogether which may have retail parks.

There is also Derby which is about a 45 minute drive away which has massive shopping centre in the city (The Westfield Centre) plus loads of retail parks on the outskirts.

perdu Sun 01-Nov-09 22:10:02

thanks - I will google them, both Ashbourne and Trentham sound nice...

perdu Sun 01-Nov-09 22:16:18

Trentham looks like the one for me.
Ashbourne lovely too but think you might be right that it would limited for a day out..

thanks

wonderful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now