Talk

Advanced search

Lone parent flying with twins

(5 Posts)
Cobblers Sun 01-Nov-09 21:07:51

A friend of mine wants to fly to Dubai with her twins. Does anyone out there know if any airlines will let you do this if you're a lone parent? I'm cabin crew and I know they need to be on your lap for take off and landing - is there any way round this?

harimosmummy Mon 02-Nov-09 14:39:33

Yes, they will let you fly - but you will have to pay a child's fare for one child.

Soooo.... (This is my example - I have a 3 month old and a 17 month old) One child can sit on my lap and I pay 10% fare, but the other one needs to purchase a child seat (90% of the fare)

So, it's possible, but not that cheap.

In fact, she might as well see if a friend / relative wants to go with her. It won't cost ,much more!!!

mumofsatan Tue 03-Nov-09 13:06:10

I was under the impression that even if you bought a child seat (assuming OP's friend's twins under two?) they have to sit on a lap during take off and landing and not in the seat you've purchased?
I remember a friend who had two under two (not twins crazy woman) had to get her mother to fly with her once due to that rule but maybe it varies depending on the airline?

Elk Tue 03-Nov-09 13:20:08

I saw a lone parent travelling with baby twins. For take off and landing a member of cabin crew sat next to her with one of the babies on her lap so that both babies had a lap to sit on. I hope that makes sense.

harimosmummy Tue 03-Nov-09 20:59:40

Yes, that makes sense to me Elk.

I was told I would need to purchase 2 seats, so it would make sense that one of the cabin rew would help out on take off / landing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now