Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone ever 'won' a holiday?!!! (or heard of GVC?)

(10 Posts)
unicorn Wed 15-Jun-05 17:30:04

Apparently I have [Very Suspicious Icon]}. I did a survey, and got a call today!!!

It Involves going to a 'centre'to pick up the details(being indoctrinated no doubt)but getting 2 return flights 7 days accomodation and free car hire.

Is it worth it, has anyone ever gone on one of these things, are they in any way legit?

toothyboy Wed 15-Jun-05 17:37:09

I have never taken these seriously - they go straight in the bin. I've been sent a few but would never even consider it a genuine offer!

katierocket Wed 15-Jun-05 17:38:57

is a time share thing. They try to sell you a time share. bin it.

unicorn Wed 15-Jun-05 17:39:32

they claimed it wasn't time share!!!!!

LIZS Wed 15-Jun-05 17:45:29

Someone else "won" something similar last week from a survey and reported it on MN. Wasn't timeshare as such but a points system and you still had to attend presentation etc to collect it.

MeerkatsUnite Wed 15-Jun-05 17:50:53

Unicorn,

Its still a holiday ownership type thingy. This sort of thing exploits a loophole in the law as there does not have to be a 7 day cooling off period.

No, it is not worth it. Have heard of too many people getting ripped off in such a manner; the flights and actual accommodation often offered by such companies are often unsuitable for all sorts of reasons. Any changes that have to be made cost the proverbial arm and leg and soon makes the holiday more expensive than it otherwise would have been if booked through other methods.

unicorn Wed 15-Jun-05 17:53:38

here it is!

unicorn Wed 15-Jun-05 17:55:09

there aint no such thing as a 'free' holiday!!!!!!!

oh well, for a minute I could dream!!!!!

LIZS Wed 15-Jun-05 17:57:13

btw GVC will stand for the G...Vacation Club but nothing on Google. It is probably a "resort" in UK which has signed up as part of a wider holiday exchange scheme so your "points" can buy accommodation elsewhere in the world.

We went to the one based in Hever, Kent a few years ago and "won" a weekend to a run down French chateau which they had bought and we doing up, even though we didn't sign up. I wonder if it is still in business ....

Skribble Wed 15-Jun-05 23:22:06

Unless you actually want time share don't do it.

You are welocomed given tea and sat down with about 20 couples and shown a "short" presentation showing how wonderfull there properties are. The spotty 19 yr old sales people who have been hovering pick their victims and lead each couple off to a table to go through the options. We stuck to our guns and survived but many fell quickly and we had many casualities judging by the amount of checkbooks and credit cards that appeared.

We fought to get our holiday voucher once we got it and read it once safely in our car we realised there wre so many clauses and restrictions same with the watches.

We thought we could play them at their own game how wrong we were. I keep getting the "florida press 9 to hear more call.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now