Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

should i bring double or single buggy on hols?

(12 Posts)
hermykne Wed 15-Jun-05 13:21:08

dd is 2+9mths and ds will be 11mths.
dd walks alot of the time but i thought maybe in the heat she'll like to rest and it's also a way of keeping on eye on both of them if we are in a busy place.
its slightly bigger (the mc claren one), am travelling on my own with them, it mightnt fit thru all the doors at the airport or lifts, etc etc, and some of the shops or places to viist in frnace might be narrow doorways/entrances

if i take the single , will i end up carrying dd in my arms

oh indecision

Yorkiegirl Wed 15-Jun-05 13:24:54

Message withdrawn

Xena Wed 15-Jun-05 13:28:46

how about the single with a buggy board?

nailpolish Wed 15-Jun-05 13:31:39

i think its a good idea to take a double. as yorkie says, they can fall asleep if you are out later on at night in a restaurant or whatever.

and the heat does make them sleepy.

theres nothing worse than to end up carrying one.

have a great time!

hermykne Wed 15-Jun-05 13:33:24

yeah i think u are right, the double.
esp in the evening time.

dreading the flight but looking forward to the break away

Xena Wed 15-Jun-05 13:40:14

actually my sister post the last message from me (she forgot to change the id) and I would diagree and take the double.

hermykne Wed 15-Jun-05 13:44:11

thanks xena

Orinoco Wed 15-Jun-05 21:27:06

Message withdrawn

hermykne Wed 15-Jun-05 21:54:38

orinoco
going by myself with kids to my friend who is also by herself and her 3 in france.

Orinoco Wed 15-Jun-05 22:03:22

Message withdrawn

vickiyumyum Wed 15-Jun-05 22:11:21

double definatley, even kids that have outgrown the buggy at home still use the buggy on holiday. i rarely use abuggy for my ds2 these days but will be taking one on holiday in august as i know that he will want to sleep in the day because of the late nights.

patch Fri 17-Jun-05 06:00:09

I have before a link to join two single pushchairs together, I have copied a link from ebay but not sure if cheapest/best but gives you an idea. That way you could take two singles to use at night, but only one in the day. Personally, I would take the double because chances are dd will get tired and could sleep in the pushchair with ds, guarantees them somewhere to sit waiting for the flight etc. as most airlines let you take the buggy to the plane.

link{http://search-desc.ebay.co.uk/pushchairs-join-2_W0QQbsZSearchQQcatrefZC6QQfromZR10QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftrtZ1QQftrvZ1QQftsZ2QQga10244Z10425QQsacatZQ2d1QQsacatZQ2d1QQsacatZQ2d1QQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ3QQsbrftogZ1QQsofocusZunknown

Have a good holiday what ever you decide.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now