Talk

Advanced search

where 2 go next summer via Eurotunnel

(6 Posts)
nappybrain Tue 27-Oct-09 10:02:06

Ok so I am at a complete loss as to where to go next summer. Would contemplate a drive of up to about 4 hours from Calais. Do not want to stay in accommodation that looks like an old aunt's house (this seems to rule out most french gitesblush. Do not want to be on big noisy campsite in a caravan. Any ideas? We like France but i am struggling with the chintz and rickety chairs that french houses seem full of. Has to be very clean. I do like log cabins so not averse to a quiet holiday park! Any ideas much appreciated! We have to go in school hols unfortunately and would want to self cater. Am i just too picky?

WartoScreamo Tue 27-Oct-09 11:50:07

The new french CenterParcs looks lovely. Pricey I expect though. Does it have to be France?

We went to a holiday village in the Mosel valley with Landal

The accommodation was fab - not at all chintzy. And with own dw, wash machine plus tumble drier and sauna. Scenery was gorgeous and lots to do nearby. They have lots of sites in Holland, a few in Belgium and Germany - some one which should be within your driving distance.

Ruthiebabes Tue 27-Oct-09 12:50:33

We are going here in the school hols next year.... bestfrenchgites.co.uk.... admittedly it is over a 4 hour drive from Calais.

There are plenty of other similar properties in Vendee/Charente. I like the idea of a small gite complex where the boys can play with the other children.

nappybrain Tue 27-Oct-09 13:43:59

We have been to Landal before and it does tick all our boxes - it would be nice to do something like that in France! Does not have to be France but we have been to Holland Germany and Belgium in last few years so I fancied a change....

saggyhairyarse Tue 27-Oct-09 20:17:05

Roche en Ardenne is a very pretty town in Belgium. We went there on a Sun holiday so stayed in a caravan but the area as a whole is lovely!

BecauseImWorthIt Tue 27-Oct-09 20:35:24

Try here

Just in case the link doesn't work, here's the property reference:

YX0017 - L'Aiguillon sur Vie

Complex of modern houses, all detached, all with their own private pools, set on a golf course on the Vendee, close to St Giles de Croix de Vie.

We went there last summer and it was lovely, and quite reasonable compared with a lot of other French properties.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now