Advanced search

Renewing passports...

(3 Posts)
talie101 Sat 24-Oct-09 11:59:30

I need to renew my children's passports for our holiday at Christmas... just realised they don't have enough time left on them!!

I'm divorced and not a great relationship with Xh.

My question is... when filling out the forms to renew.. do I have to fill in fathers details on the form or is it acceptable to just fill out mothers details??

(I have no idea of his address or passport details anyway and would be concerned he may refuse to give them to me just to be awkward, as things a little tense at the minute... he knows we are going away and hasn't said we can't but this could be just what he needs to make things as awkward as possible for me!)

Anyone have any ideas please?

luciemule Sat 24-Oct-09 17:29:23

can you call the passport office/look on their website/check on the help sheet they usually include with forms?
Not sure but wouldn't have thought you would have to put a father's details if you're divorced and not in contact.

kreecherlivesupstairs Mon 26-Oct-09 20:13:18

I think that if you have a passport for your children that you only need to fill out a bit of the form - although I can't be sure.
One thing I would say though, given the parlous state of the postal service at the moment, you may be better off taking the applications to a pp office rather than mailing them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: