Talk

Advanced search

flights - checking in a car seat - advice please

(4 Posts)
TheWheelsOnTheBusHaveFallenOff Wed 21-Oct-09 18:05:41

farking BA - never give you the whole picture until you ask more questions ... need to take car seat for holiday with ds, flying tomorrow.

BA state that you can check in a car seat as part of child's luggage allowance. but no more info.

ring them and am told that it must be checked in in a clear polythene bag. Oddly enough I don't own such a bag and have no idea where I would get one before tomorrow morning.

anyone know if you do actually have to have the seat in a clear bag? Don't mind putting it in with no bag, or have a large canvass bag it can go in.... suggestions please!

blondissimoismarried Wed 21-Oct-09 20:53:58

I have never had seat in carrier bag, or been told that? Unless it is new regulations since last month when we travelled. Maybe they are getting mixed up with the liquids restrictions? grin

theselegswermad Fri 23-Oct-09 00:22:54

we checked in our car seat with a clear plastic bag, otherwise it would get really dirty.
I brought a large cheap zip up suit bag or you could use a bag from the dry cleaners...
We all so flew with BA

EldonAve Fri 23-Oct-09 22:14:46

Some airlines provide them eg SAS - we then reuse them
Not flown BA for ages so dunno if they will provide them

Saw one wrapped nicely in clear bubble wrap this week - looked like a good plan

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now