Talk

Advanced search

disney half board

(8 Posts)
hamstring Wed 21-Oct-09 15:41:07

were off to disney this wkend. should i be booking half board. one of my children is 12 so is considered an adult. is it worth it?
how much is it to eat a meal for 2 adults and 2 children
thanks

Sturl Wed 21-Oct-09 17:35:35

2 Adults and 2 kids burger, fries and a drink is approx $25 inside any of the Disney Parks.

You can cut costs by taking food in with you such as sandwiches etc, Walmart is a favourite of mine for cheap food and snacks. It is far cheaper than the UK and a loaf of bread is approx $0.80 and filling $1.50, drinks are about $1 for 6 cans of Pepsi etc.

Which Disney? Paris?

LIZS Wed 21-Oct-09 17:52:11

You can view some details online - Cinderella was about £30 per head iirc

hamstring Wed 21-Oct-09 19:23:31

sorry should have said, disney paris

We were there last weekend, we had one evening meal out at Annette's Diner in Disney Village which was the cheapest place I could find. It cost £50 for 3 of us.

For lunch we bought chips one day, tiny McDonalds size pack which was £3 each. Then shaed a box of popcorn which was another £3. Hotdogs were about £4 each I think.

I thought Disney Paris were doing some sort of free meals special offer at the minute? Look at their website, you get vouchers that you can use in teh restaurants.

mummyofevilprincesses Wed 21-Oct-09 20:40:43

They are doing an offer if you stay in their hotels- meals are free.

ICantFindAFreeNickName Wed 21-Oct-09 20:44:17

We were there last weekend and could not believe how expensive it was. The 'fast food' in the parks was about 10 - 12 euro per person (which given the exchange rate is about the same in pounds). We managed to get the 'eat free' vouchers, which were a godsend. We reckoned you would need to budget £100 - £150 a day for food. I would go for the half-board vouchers as I think you save quite a bit on them.
My son is also 12 and had the adult vouchers, but because he is a very fussy eater, he only had a small bowl of macaroni. The restaurant were very good and put the rest of his voucher money towards our drinks bill which they are not meant to do.

I found that there was not a huge difference in cost between the good & bad restaurants. So you can try and eat cheaply at one of the the buffet restaurants or pay just a bit extra to eat somewhere much nicer. I reccomend the Steak House.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now