Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for Midlands days out

(16 Posts)
ivy3 Mon 13-Jun-05 15:48:15

My DP is meeting up with his children from a previous relationship and would like to meet somewhere in between where we live and where his dd and ds live - which means the Midlands somewhere. He usually goes to visit them but it is an eight hour round trip.

Does anybody know of anywhere that you could spend 2-3 hours with a 7 and a 8 year old, outdoors or indoors, fun activities, around the Midlands, Oxfordshire, Warwickshire, Worcetershire areas. Any suggestions welcome.

spykid Mon 13-Jun-05 16:09:40

West Midlands safari park??

Jampots Mon 13-Jun-05 16:35:56

Hatton Country World

Cadbury World

elsmommy Mon 13-Jun-05 16:38:45

Dudley zoo

Warwick castle

Ooooh Stourport. They'd love Stourport!!!

Fio2 Mon 13-Jun-05 16:42:51

The Midlands is a big place. Whereabouts will you be meeting?

If in warks, warwick is indeed lovely and stratford Upon Avon is just a beautiful place to waste time in

Let us know where and we might be more help

ivy3 Mon 13-Jun-05 16:57:47

We are happy to meet anywhere that might be suitable, it just needs to be 2-3 hours from where we live and 2 hours or less from them, hence anywhere Midlands (ish). Thanks for suggestions so far.

What and where is Stourport?

spykid Mon 13-Jun-05 17:01:31

safari park is in Bewdley and there is a lot to do in the theme park after the car ride around the animals. Would easily take up 3 hours

Ailsa Mon 13-Jun-05 21:27:09

Def second Safari Park.

LunarSea Mon 13-Jun-05 22:04:16

Sea life centre?
Severn Valley Railway?

LunarSea Mon 13-Jun-05 22:04:38

Ironbridge?
Black Country Museum?

Frizbe Mon 13-Jun-05 22:05:35

does that include notts, lincoln, derbyshire as all Midlands!

colditz Mon 13-Jun-05 22:07:36

Twinlakes working farm and adventure playground, Melton Mowbray Leicestershire

NottsMum Mon 13-Jun-05 22:20:20

Twin Lakes gets my vote too. Google the name to find the site. Lots and lots of play stuff there whether sun or rain (just as well in this country )

tiredemma Tue 14-Jun-05 11:23:15

west mids safari gets my vote, as does Conkers near to East Mids airport.

went to drayton manor a few weeks ago and that was excellent, good for children.

elsmommy- when did you last go to stourport? we wnet about 6 weeks ago and it was shabby and filthy, used to be lovely a few years ago but has now gone downhill.

marjoriedawessassy Tue 14-Jun-05 12:33:26

Who's that slagging stourport? Its my home twon I'll have you know! You're right tho, not as nice as it used to be, tho they are spending some money on the canal basin/riverside areas at the moment. Too many chippys, not enough bins IMO!
To answer question, its a small town in north worcs, about 12 miles from the edge of brum. We've got a funfair, arcades, crazy golf etc next to the beautiful river severn along with various touristy shops on the roads near the river. Godd in nice weather, crap in bad weather.

ivy3 Wed 15-Jun-05 09:53:49

Thanks for all the suggestions...I'm sure we'll have loads of fun at any one of these places.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now