Talk

Advanced search

Would you rent a holiday villa that stated, "We are happy to accept children who are well behaved. "?

(25 Posts)
MmeLindt Tue 20-Oct-09 21:22:59

Or does that sound like they really mean, "if your brats make any marks on our white sofas, we will bill you for the cleaning costs" ?

preciouslillywhite Tue 20-Oct-09 21:24:16

I wouldn't dare

they would do us under the Trades Descriptions Act

Washersaurus Tue 20-Oct-09 21:24:48

It says well behaved not 'sterile' grin

Has it really got white sofas?

woodforthetrees Tue 20-Oct-09 21:26:27

No - far too much pressure - you need to be able to relax on holiday grin

traceybath Tue 20-Oct-09 21:27:59

No - its not very welcoming is it?

PeachesMcLean Tue 20-Oct-09 21:28:32

DS is well behaved.

however, I'd rather go somewhere where I knew he could run round like a loony, if he so choose to do so.

cornsilk Tue 20-Oct-09 21:29:35

No. The owner will be completely up their own arse.

brimfull Tue 20-Oct-09 21:34:50

yes I would as ds is well behaved on the whole, but if the sofa was white I would cover with a blanket

MmeLindt Tue 20-Oct-09 21:38:35

The sofas are rattan with white cushions.

I am tending towards no, tbh. If they are that fussy, then I don't want to have to watch my DC like a hawk the whole holiday.

Shame, lovely appartment.

ScaryFucker Tue 20-Oct-09 21:49:52

no, I wouldn't give them the business, just for their cheek

and my kids are well-behaved

fabhead Tue 20-Oct-09 21:55:25

yes, as it would mean it hadn't been trashed and would be clean, hopefully

stepaway Tue 20-Oct-09 22:03:51

no way.

Nefret Wed 21-Oct-09 11:12:08

I'm not sure, my girls can be pretty noisy but they certainly wouldn't trash the place. I think they are well behaved but someone who writes that kind of thing may be of a different opinion.

It would put me off I must admit and I think I would look for somewhere else. I wouldn't want to think my children couldn't run about and be noisy in case they upset the neighbours for expample.

Have you emailed them and asked them exactly what they mean?

Hullygully Wed 21-Oct-09 11:13:02

No way. They mean robots.

Hassled Wed 21-Oct-09 11:14:33

Well unless the owners are right next door, how will they know? And one person's well-behaved is the next person's outrageous brat - it's very subjective. If you like the apartment, I'd book it regardless and if there are any issues, point out taht they've failed to define well-behaved.

CarGirl Wed 21-Oct-09 11:17:35

Perhaps ask them what their concerns are? Is it to do with neighbours or complete trashing?

Blackduck Wed 21-Oct-09 11:19:08

nope - its the kind of thing people say about dogs...

ScaryFucker Wed 21-Oct-09 14:47:03

it is interesting you say that bd

it appears that some people are more tolerant of dogs than they are of children...

Sturl Wed 21-Oct-09 17:41:48

Is it possible the meaning has been misinterpreted?

Perhaps the person was being lighthearted in saying "we accept children who are well behaved"

MmeLindt Wed 21-Oct-09 17:47:41

Perhaps we parents are oversensitive to comments like this. Have also seen a villa with huge garden with the statement, "Garden unsuitable for children, not a playground."

Tbh, I would rather they just wrote "no children under 14yo" then I would know not to bother looking further.

eyetunes Wed 21-Oct-09 17:48:52

No chance, would be on edge the whole time, and something big would be bound to happen. Avoid.

MrsGhoulofGhostbourne Wed 21-Oct-09 17:58:46

No!

upahill Wed 21-Oct-09 18:00:58

It wouldn't bother me to tbn

CornishKK Wed 21-Oct-09 18:12:29

By asking for well-behaved children I'd be assuming they just want you to ensure that your children do not trash the place?

I have a holiday let, I don't stipulate well-behaved children, although I do ask that pets are well behaved.

It is a bit disheartening to provide a quality holiday environment for it to not be treated with at least the care you'd take in your own home.

In the guide book in my holiday let I do ask that guests let us know if anything is damaged so that we can sort if for the next set of guests - some guests, parents or otherwise don't seem to give a toss!

Julesnobrain Sun 25-Oct-09 18:49:35

If the owners speak another language it could be they do not mean it to come across as so dictorial. However, I have 2 x DC and although we are responsible parents and they are actually generally well behaved and respectful of other peoples property I would not book with a comment like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now