Talk

Advanced search

Friends and Family Railcards

(10 Posts)
Dumbledoresgirl Tue 20-Oct-09 10:05:49

Does anyone have one and fully understand the terms and conditions? Before I drive 7 miles and spend £26, I want to be sure this is going to work for me. It says on the website here up to 4 adults and 4 children can travel on one railcard, but then it also implies that if only one adult travels, only one child is entitled to a discount. So if I was to be the sole adult travelling with 4 children, would only one of them qualify for a discount? Surely not? Please advise!

MaryBS Tue 20-Oct-09 10:12:06

Where do you see that it says that? AFAIK 1 adult can travel with 4 children and they would all qualify for the discount

Jas Tue 20-Oct-09 10:13:35

I use mine with three children and they all get the discount.

ABetaDad Tue 20-Oct-09 10:14:04

We have one. It just means at least one chIld must travel in te party to be eligible for the Family discount.

Me or DW travel with both DSs alone.

preciouslillywhite Tue 20-Oct-09 10:18:22

Get it!Get it!Get it!! smile

Dumbledoresgirl Tue 20-Oct-09 10:19:21

Oh thank you so much and phew! although it would have been nuts to insist each child had an accompanying adult, but you never know...

It was this sentence " each adult can take a child of under five" that confused me, but I now realise that means in addition to the fare paying children as under 5s don't pay, do they?

It is now telling me I can't get a railcard from a station but I presume that means I can't buy it online and then collect it from a station. Someone really ought to make these sites clearer!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dumbledoresgirl Tue 20-Oct-09 10:27:48

Thanks, am off to investigate now. Also, need to check up on parking spaces in the car park as apparently I have not a hope in hell of leaving my car there all day next week. sad

cat64 Tue 20-Oct-09 10:44:09

Message withdrawn

serinBrightside Fri 23-Oct-09 21:59:14

We have one and found out that you get one years free Youth Hostel Association membership, exactly one day after paying for YHA membership! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now