Talk

Advanced search

3 car seats in a freelander - advice please

(7 Posts)
3babies Sun 18-Oct-09 19:57:17

Hi, i am expecting twins and already have DS who will be 2 when they are due, so will need to fit a maxi cosi stage 1 and 2 maxi cosi infant seats on the back seat. Currently have a LR freelander but am hearing conflicting views on whether can have 3 seats on one row or need a 7 seater? and whether they will actually fit.

Does anyone have a freelander with 3 baby seats or know what the rules are? Any advice would be great, thanks.

moshie Sun 18-Oct-09 20:26:59

I have a freelander and have three seats, two Britax Freeways and an Elite at the moment, but had various combinations in the past because I'm a childminder.

wheredidiputit Sun 18-Oct-09 20:48:50

We have a freelander and at the moment we have
a Britax eclipe, Mamas & Papas primo Viaggio with the surefix base, and a Graco juniot highback booster.

nicm Sun 18-Oct-09 22:08:44

hi you would really need to try them in your car. i would think you'd have enough space as i can get 2 group 1 rf seats and a ff seat in a leon!! did take about an hour trying all different seats in and out and i would think it's smaller than your car. hth

curlychloe Mon 19-Oct-09 15:19:25

Go to John Lewis who'll test car seats in your car for you (at least they do at Bluewater).

3babies Thu 22-Oct-09 21:31:17

thanks for the advice, hopefully we will get them to fit without buying a new car.

Julesnobrain Sun 25-Oct-09 18:42:49

Don't know if it is too late to add to this thread but I have had 3 seats in the back. 2 x maxi cos priori and 1 x britax older seat that uses the seat belt. Bit of squeeze but managed it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now